perfect movies for lonely guys. and girls too!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverblackvoid_ll

Reaction score
Ghost World.
Beautiful Girls.
Arizona Dream.
Donnie Darko.
The Last Picture Show. (awesome!)
Lost Highway. (worship David Lynch. he is the God)
Mysterious Skin.
River's Edge.
Sideways.
Buffalo '66.
What's Eating Gilbert Grape.
thinking

Disclaimer: i compiled this list myself. all the films in this list have something in common. just perfect for all of us!

Hmm, I'd say Babel. It's a sad movie telling a story of how people from different places and time can affect each others' lives. The movie is slow and silent most of the time, it makes you reflect yourself and think about the people around you.

I saw Donnie Darko for the first time the other day, that movie is amazing.

ya swearing is fine, so long as your not intening offense to anyone, i swear here sometimes too

I think little Miss Sunshine is a great movie, has anyone here seen it, i just love it.

yeah little miss sunshine. steve carell was awesome. paul dano was good too. i could relate myself to the character of paul dano. also anyone here read the book 'Thus Spake Zarathustra'?

Hard Candy
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
city of god
requiem for a dream
trainspotting
pi
the pianist
dummy
office space
the usual suspects
wristcutters

I dunno if they're perfect for lonely people. I didn't really get what you meant by that, but I just recommended some movies I liked a lot. Enjoy.

silverblackvoid_ll said:
... anyone here read the book 'Thus Spake Zarathustra'?

many years ago. probably still laying around somewhere.

"The Bridge to Terabithia" was pretty sweet. It's about this boy who was lonely at first but later in the movie, he met a girl at school and they became friends. It's not like those teen-love movies though, it's deeper than that...teenagers like me would like it. ^_^

Also, for those who like animes, "5 centimeter per second" and "The voices of a distant star" are two movies about a boy and a girl, and their distances.

The "The voices of a distant star" is a story about a girl who was sent to space, heading to Pluto, leaving her friend behind on Earth. They keep in touch by phone, but as she gets farther and farther away, the text messages takes more time to be delivered. It takes one day for a message to be sent at first, then it takes a week, and before they know it, it takes 10 years for a single text message to arrive.

The Bridge to Terabithia was an awful movie! It's so depressing! I thought I was gonna go see a nice, imaginative movie without much violence... But in the end it was really depressing. Who thought of making it like that?! It had so much more potential.

Minus said:
silverblackvoid_ll said:

You mean Nietzche's "God is dead" book? I never read it, I thought it was just a book about philosophy.

An archist said:
Minus said:
silverblackvoid_ll said:

You mean Nietzche's "God is dead" book? I never read it, I thought it was just a book about philosophy.

It is, but it's told as a metaphorical story.

Latest posts

Back