Help with my family relationships

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliraven

Reaction score
Me and my family have different values and goals and see life way too different.

_When I say everybody I mean my family.

They like to know everybody's problem and fix them, even if they are not asked. I only give advice whenever ask and that's it.
They like huge and loud parties, whereas I'm super quiet and like peace and maybe a small party with the family not the entire neighborhood.
They think money is the answer of all the problems, I strongly disagree.
They care about social status about quantity not quality, I'm the opposite
They like to show off to other people what they are not. I don't care about people unless is people I loved and care about me.
They see romantic relationships as a way to be financially stable.I disagree
They hate studying, and reading books. I totally love it. In fact my family has only reach 12 grade. I want to graduate from university.
They like to talk trash of one another. I hate this.
They don't care about expanding their horizons with people from other countries. In fact I'm weird for having weird friends.

My question is, how can I have a decent normal relationship with them, when I'm the weird, the quiet one, and we have values and beliefs way too different?

How can I enjoy my time when I am with them?

Lol mostly sounds like my family I lived with for a while; they would annoy the hell out of me because I think we were just too different, but in pretty similar ways to what you put.

The way I managed to kind of cope was just retreat to my personal space from time to time in my room. That's the best I could do till I moved out.

9006 said:
Lol mostly sounds like my family I lived with for a while; they would annoy the hell out of me because I think we were just too different, but in pretty similar ways to what you put.

The way I managed to kind of cope was just retreat to my personal space from time to time in my room. That's the best I could do till I moved out.

Yeah. I moved out of the house. But I want to establish a nice relationship with them. I only have my mom and a friend of mine to help me through hard times, but what about if one day I don't have them?You understand my dilemma?

Latest posts

Back