Thrift Store Finds...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautiful loser

Reaction score
So, since being coaxed by Dandelion and Ringwood to start a thrift store finds thread, here it is. I guess we could also include yard sale stuff, too...hell, anything used at a bargain price will work. Here is my contribution, bought two weeks ago...

andnvr.jpg

I've needed a good mixer, plus I only use vintage cookware, so killed two birds with one stone...and not a bad price at 12.00, I think.

beautiful loser said:
So, since being coaxed by Dandelion and Ringwood to start a thrift store finds thread, here it is.

I don't have a photo but I shop at a website called "offer up" that allows people to sell just about anything. I have gotten some amazing stuff and I sold my bedroom set and got a good price and they picked it up for me.

nice mixer BL! Thanks for posting this thread also :D

I found this lil guy not long ago for only 50 cents!!

J16SI16.jpg

LE4t5ht.jpg

GgDMzBi.jpg

Ok, first post and I'm already breaking the rules. Technically, this is not a thrift store find as I didn't find it in a thrift store - BUT, found this baby on one of those Facebook buy/sell sites, so figure that's close enough.

I must gloat over this, $20 bucks I paid. Mounted on wood, 1976 Jimmy Cauty Lord of the Rings poster. Obviously not original, but still worth $125. Not that I'm selling it. :D

2ypjbqq.jpg

P.S - Nice blender there, BL - how come you only cook with vintage cookware? I could say some smart-alec response to that question, but I'll keep my mouth shut. :)
P.P.S - Dandelion - A narwhal stuffy! How cute. That's one my son doesn't have, he has a huge collection of stuffies. And yes, I'm the one in Cranbrook. *waves*

ringwood said:
Ok, first post and I'm already breaking the rules. Technically, this is not a thrift store find as I didn't find it in a thrift store - BUT, found this baby on one of those Facebook buy/sell sites, so figure that's close enough.

I must gloat over this, $20 bucks I paid. Mounted on wood, 1976 Jimmy Cauty Lord of the Rings poster. Obviously not original, but still worth $125. Not that I'm selling it. :D

2ypjbqq.jpg

P.S - Nice blender there, BL - how come you only cook with vintage cookware? I could say some smart-alec response to that question, but I'll keep my mouth shut. :)
P.P.S - Dandelion - A narwhal stuffy! How cute. That's one my son doesn't have, he has a huge collection of stuffies. And yes, I'm the one in Cranbrook. *waves*

First, cute narwhal DL. My dog would have already chewed the tusk off, if I had it. :D Thanks for sharing and keep it coming.

LS, thanks for the website heads up. Will look it up.

Wormy, I use vintage cookware (Corningware, Guardian Service Ware and Pyrex) because it's so **** durable, can go from freezer to hot oven without worrying about breakage and it's not made in China. Plus, vintage stuff just looks cool. Thanks for sharing.

Lastly, that is a neat poster...I like it! Also, there are no rules, as long as it's used it can be thrift store, yard sale, Craigslist or car boot sale (can't leave out our UK buddies).

Dandelion said:

What the hell is that?? :):)

They must have saw you coming a mile away Dandy!

Look Maw! I made half a buck off of that little lady!

:shy:

BeyondShy said:
Dandelion said:

What the hell is that?? :):)

They must have saw you coming a mile away Dandy!

Look Maw! I made half a buck off of that little lady!

:shy:

His name is Neptune Narwhal and it was love at first sight, worth every penny :p

I explore (tresspass really) a lot in all my travels into old abandoned houses. I usually just take pictures because I have no place of my own (there were some old thing I would have liked - like a early century spinning wheel) but I did find, a few months ago, a lot of old books that I kept. The oldest was a 1912 book. "The Tragic Story of the Empress of Ireland" by Logan Marshall. The next oldest was 1920.

JHK said:
I explore (tresspass really) a lot in all my travels into old abandoned houses. I usually just take pictures because I have no place of my own (there were some old thing I would have liked - like a early century spinning wheel) but I did find, a few months ago, a lot of old books that I kept. The oldest was a 1912 book. "The Tragic Story of the Empress of Ireland" by Logan Marshall. The next oldest was 1920.
Well, if you don't mind, show us pic or two :)

I have them stored - but when I get back I can. They weren't in the greatest of shapes but not bad and I'd hate for them to survive there and get wrecked in my truck.
There was a older version of Gone With The Wind too. Never read it but I thought it was cool.

I have and old Manual of the Blessed Virgin printed back in 1874. It's a daily guide for Roman Catholics. Bought it for a dollar.

BeyondShy said:
I have and old Manual of the Blessed Virgin printed back in 1874. It's a daily guide for Roman Catholics. Bought it for a dollar.

I'm not much for religion, but that would be cool.
I have a thing for books.

Latest posts

Back