Please Help

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a.person61

Reaction score
I'm getting really tired of this, been depressed, always unhappy, always on the edge of a breakdown, always thinking the worse, paranoid, anxious all the time. HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP!? I can't remember a time when everything was ok. I've tried meditation, smiling, exercise, eating better, talking with people more which has now caused more probloms. Not even a week ago i nearly committed suicide. Please help

It sounds like you are really having a hard time. (((hug)))

I'm glad you reached out here, it shows that you want the help, and we are all very happy to offer our advice and comforting words.

I know you mentioned having been on meds, and tried many other things, but I would suggest you call your doctor, or go to the emergancy room if you don't have a doctor to call. Usually in situations like this, the doctor may suggest a couple days stay in a facility to help stablize you and get you feeling back to "normal"...whatever normal is for you. I know it doesn't sound like something you want, but would it really be that bad?

By you reaching out, and using the words "help", it shows you want to get better. mental health issues affect so many of us and there is nothing to be ashamed of, even if you need to spend a few days in the hosptial or a facility.

Please don't give up on yourself....please keep reaching out, and most importantly, to your friends, family and medical professionals.

Take such good care of yourself. (hug)

Thanks Danielle, I know i should tell someone, but idk who theres different reasons for different people that keeps me telling anyone.
Honestly theres no way im going back to the hospital. I was just in there for half a year. Plus it brings back horrible memorys. It's hard when you can never fully trust anyone.

I know you've said you tried things, but how long did you give them before you decided they didn't work? It often takes a good bit of time for something to start helping you relax and seem like it's working. Unless you gave it at least a month or two, how can you be sure it wouldn't have helped?
For example, with the meditation, are you sure you were doing it properly? I'm not saying you weren't or that you are stupid or anything like that, but if you don't ask, you can't really know, right?
With the exercise, have you tried different types? Running, lifting weights, biking, swimming, etc?

Eating better is a lifestyle change that you should keep up with, even if it doesn't help your mood, it will make you healthier.

Have you tried hobbies or volunteering or something like that?

Just keep trying until you find something that works for you. Also, try looking at the good aspects of your life. Don't tell me there aren't any, because I don't believe that for a second. Tell us (or even just yourself) a few things that you like about yourself or your good qualities and try to stay focused on those. The more you focus on the negative, the worse you are likely to become.

Ive been doing all those things but exercise due to health and meditation for at least 2 months. Im honestly not sure if im doing the meditation right but after i do it i usally feel abit better.
I have tried hobbies as well. My latest would be flying rc planes. Ive tried to volunteer but i was to young
As for good aspects of my life... maybe my family and my good friends. I can't really think of any at this moment.

a.person61 said:
Ive been doing all those things but exercise due to health and meditation for at least 2 months. Im honestly not sure if im doing the meditation right but after i do it i usally feel abit better.
I have tried hobbies as well. My latest would be flying rc planes. Ive tried to volunteer but i was to young
As for good aspects of my life... maybe my family and my good friends. I can't really think of any at this moment.

Okay, so you're young, there must be something you could do to help others. How are your grades in school? Perhaps you could tutor someone. Or what about soup kitchens or homeless shelters, are there any around you? I'm sure they would have something a younger person could do. Or even just helping out at your school somehow. There's always something or someone that needs help regardless of age, you just have to find it.

Okay, you have family and friends. That means you probably have a good support system. That's a fantastic thing to have. So focus on that and focus on what you're good at. Try not to dwell on the bad stuff so much. Take some time and write yourself a list of all the good in your life. Whether it's people, hobbies, school. Doesn't matter what it is, as long as it's a good thing. When you're feeling down, take the list out and look at it, focus on that, be thankful for what you have instead of depressed for what you don't. Does that make sense?

Ok i will try that and report back. My grades are just passing ive got 2 tutors to help me with making them better.
I will look around for some volunteer work at the soup kitchen or retirement villages

a.person61 said:
I'm getting really tired of this, been depressed, always unhappy, always on the edge of a breakdown, always thinking the worse, paranoid, anxious all the time. HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP!? I can't remember a time when everything was ok. I've tried meditation, smiling, exercise, eating better, talking with people more which has now caused more probloms. Not even a week ago i nearly committed suicide. Please help

you pretty much described me as well from start to end wish i had a solution to share with you friend but youre not alone.

Alright its a week pass time to check in. I tried to think of the good things when i was down, long story short it made good things bad. There wasn't as much anxiety but more depression, suicidal thoughts, more voices and more unstable/emotionaly in a mess. I have found some triggers these include: A friend that i deeply care about, school, the past, any insults towards anyone even if it's a joke, people, having no one i can 100% trust and life in general. There are more i just can't remember them.
I'm still not gain enough to talk to anyone face to face about this yet, the sole reason is i can't trust people.

Paraiyar said:
Do you play an instrument? Learn one if you don't.

I do play a instrument-drums. I dont really think it's helped the with anxiety or depression. At the same time it hasn't made it worse

I'm glad you checked in again, a.person61. There probably isn't going to be any quick fix for you, I say this because you remind me of myself when I was 20-something years old. Frankly I'm surprised I lived through those years. Yeah, a.p61.....years....but don't be discouraged! Identifying "triggers" for your depression is a big, good step! Your statement, "....face to face yet,....." is good too: the operative, optimistic term you use is, "YET". It sounds like you're envisioning a better future for yourself! Also, playing the drums.....it may not have helped, but it hasn't made it worse....that comment speaks to me personally. Look, in the darkest, bleakest pits of my own despair when any form of pleasantry or enjoyable days to live through were simply out of the question, what kept me if not sane, but at least alive, was: 'Don't do anything to make things worse.' We can just keep on keeping on, ID'ing triggers and looking to a better future.

Oh yeah, that trusting people thing? Awfully tricky, that one.....be selective about it, OK? Trust the wrong person and you make things worse. Refuse to trust the right person and you make things worse. Which is which? There's the tricky part. For what it's worth, I'm not the bravest guy in the world, so I choose to miss an opportunity rather than invite a disaster.....but that's just me.

I hope to keep hearing from you here!

You said that some things are triggers for you. The past for instance. I know it sounds simple for people to say to leave the past in the past. And, many people have lived through painful pasts. However, if you don't leave that lie, you bring the past forward and it creates more pain for your present. The past is over. Leave it be. Don't bring it in today. Yes, there may be unresolved things to deal with. But, if you can learn to leave that behind and look ahead, that may help some.

Trust. Human beings are a flawed, messy lot. EVERY human being is going to disappoint on some level. So, if you will only let someone in to your life whom you trust 100%, you may find that very difficult. People will disappoint. We disappoint others as well. And, that's OK. Learning to love one another involves learning to accept our flaws and learning to deal with one another with compassion and forgiveness.

Is there one thing in particular that makes you more depressed than anything? I remember a couple years ago I attempted suicide and every minute of everyday for months it was all I thought about. I found music, talking to people in similar circumstances that could relate to me and setting dates for things to look forward to all helped. Eventually with time after about a year of constant sorrow and misery I found peace and happiness with life. Please continue to update us on what your going through, there are a lot of people here who it would be helpful to speak to.

When it comes to discussions like this I still am saddened by how so many people still treat others going through depression and feeling bad enough that they would harm themselves. Poor Robin Williams who brought us so much laughter could not even confide in people who were willing to talk. It shows a lot on how society while it changes with time there is still so much insensitivity especially with these issues.

Update: there is less depression and anxiety lately, but in its place is sadness and emptiness. I think the reason why the anxiety and depression is less is because I've been full on busy. I've also been really tired and just looking for someone I can properly talk to.
Although last week i felt something, something different. Im not sure what it was but it was the best feeling, the only way i can describe it would be peace. It only laster for a few seconds and it just happend, normal day then boom.
Nothing else has really happend, i dont think i would commit suicide, but if a car was comming my way i wouldn't move out of the way

Hey guys, sorry i haven't been updating, alot of things have happend and i just haven't had time.
A few good things i found a job, told someone about my anxiety and ive had a few other good things happen
However over past 2 weeks or so my chest has been getting sudden pains. The docter doesn't know what it is but theres words like anxiety and depression been thrown around. I haven't told them what im feeling mainly because I'm scard to do it. Ive also been really down for no reason, been really angry and upset for no reason and just really tired and out of it.
I feel like its making a come back but this time its harder then before.

You found a job? That's good news.
It sounds like your anxiety passed over before - was there anything you did to help it pass? Is here anyone who can help you through your depressed feelings now?

-Teresa

I didn't really do anything when it passed over, right now theres no one to really get into detail with

Latest posts

Back