Book Suggestions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuke1967

Reaction score
I am an avid reader so I made this thread so everyone can suggest books to read. I love alternate history, this book By Harry Turtledove Guns of the South is an excellent novel if you enjoy history, the summary of the plot is that time travelers go back and provide the south with AK-47s which allows them to turn the tide of battle.

51GVKB6LYWL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

After reading his story a few years back, it comes to my mind when im having a bad day. If he can overcome the impossible, surely my problems can be overcome too. Nando Parrado is my hero :)

Miracle_in_the_andes_bookcover.jpg

A richly inventive novel about a centuries-old vampire, a spellbound witch, and the mysterious manuscript that draws them together.

220px-Discovery_of_Witches_Cover.jpg

I rarely read novels. Most of the books are read are on theology or philosophy.

dsc_00221.jpg

9789706660329.jpg

48929.jpg

In the 80's I purchased this book at a yard sale, I was never big on fantasy I loved this book, by Terry Brooks it is start of the Landover series, summary a lawyer distraught over the loss of his wife and unborn child in car accident sees an ad and buys the kingship of a magical kingdom.

images

5722089-M.jpg

Le Grand Meaulnes by Alain-Fournier is a beautiful book and one of my all time favourites.

"Le Grand Meaulnes is the only novel by French author Alain-Fournier. Fifteen-year-old François Seurel narrates the story of his relationship with seventeen-year-old Augustin Meaulnes as Meaulnes searches for his lost love. Impulsive, reckless and heroic, Meaulnes embodies the romantic ideal, the search for the unobtainable, and the mysterious world between childhood and adulthood." - Wikipedia

Latest posts

Back