Penny Stocks? Investment ideas?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautiful loser

Reaction score
Anyone on this forum ever get involved in trading penny stocks? If so, what was your experience? If not yours, do you know of anyone who has? If so, how did it go for them? I'm wanting to get into this, but there is so much info online I don't know where to start. Just thought someone might have some information on how to start and what site(s) they used to gather their info.

If not penny stocks, any other investment (silver) ideas that someone has dabbled in and would be willing to share any ideas? Just want to start on building something for retirement. Thanks.

If this is in the wrong thread category, I apologize.

beautiful loser said:
If not penny stocks, any other investment (silver) ideas that someone has dabbled in and would be willing to share any ideas? Just want to start on building something for retirement. Thanks.

I have invested in reits. They are stocks but they are basically investing in real estate. I look for low cost high dividend Reits. In order for reits to get favorable tax treatment they have to give almost all their profit in dividends. And since they don't cost very much.. when the stock market tanks they don't lose a ton of their value. But I don't buy them for their value I buy them for their dividends.

There is also something called Lender Club. Basically you can invest your money by allowing people to get loans from your money. You get the interest on the loan. My state doesn't allow me to use it but your's might.

LonelySutton said:
beautiful loser said:

I have invested in reits. They are stocks but they are basically investing in real estate. I look for low cost high dividend Reits. In order for reits to get favorable tax treatment they have to give almost all their profit in dividends. And since they don't cost very much.. when the stock market tanks they don't lose a ton of their value. But I don't buy them for their value I buy them for their dividends.

There is also something called Lender Club. Basically you can invest your money by allowing people to get loans from your money. You get the interest on the loan. My state doesn't allow me to use it but your's might.

Thank you for the response, LS. Investing in reits does sound interesting. Do you mind if I PM you, as I have a ton of questions, pertaining to investing in general? If not, no worries.

I invest in silver, 1oz fine silver US eagles and also pre 1965 90% silver coinage, mostly .25 cent and .50 cent coins.

OK, I buy when the spot price is low but I have no intention of selling when the prices go up.....I'm not investing to increase my wealth but rather to preserve my wealth for any future times of financial instability or social disruption.

No offense to anyone here but unless I have proof that you are a certified broker or investment counselor I am not taking stock tips from anyone in here.

constant stranger said:
I invest in silver, 1oz fine silver US eagles and also pre 1965 90% silver coinage, mostly .25 cent and .50 cent coins.

OK, I buy when the spot price is low but I have no intention of selling when the prices go up.....I'm not investing to increase my wealth but rather to preserve my wealth for any future times of financial instability or social disruption.

Thanks for the info, CS. I'm going to start purchasing silver at the beginning of the year, once the holidays are over...and after a lot of research on the topic.

And in the case of silver, I do agree with you on why you are investing in silver. Other investments will be what I hope to increase my wealth. Just so much to learn and I've barely scratched the surface.

Latest posts

Back