Who is lonely in the UK?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it's a different thread. Thanks for the troll though, god forbid lonely people in the UK on a lonely forum should talk to each other.

Here's an idea - why not but in and criticise a thread just because you don't like it? That would be novel for you and your clique wouldn't it....

cumulus.james said:
No it's a different thread. Thanks for the troll though, god forbid lonely people in the UK on a lonely forum should talk to each other.

No, I just asked a question.

cumulus.james said:
Here's an idea - why not but in and criticise a thread just because you don't like it? That would be novel for you and your clique wouldn't it....

I have a "clique"? Again, I just asked a question.

I'm from the UK, I'm not always lonely but lately I am.

I'm lonely because I've been single for a very long time and only have one friend, who has other friends, so I don't see him that much.

How about you, OP?

I'm from the UK and I have a hard time making and holding on to friends because I tend to choose unsuitable types that have no time for me. This makes me lonely but I'm working on it. I really want to learn how to recognise people who have space for me in their lives...

LonesomeLoner said:
I'm from the UK, I'm not always lonely but lately I am.

I'm lonely because I've been single for a very long time and only have one friend, who has other friends, so I don't see him that much.

How about you, OP?

I'm lonely because I have no friends and no partner either.

LonesomeDay said:
I'm from the UK and I have a hard time making and holding on to friends because I tend to choose unsuitable types that have no time for me. This makes me lonely but I'm working on it. I really want to learn how to recognise people who have space for me in their lives...

After a certain age it does not seem like people generally have room for new people in their lives in the UK these days.

cumulus.james said:

LonesomeDay said:

After a certain age it does not seem like people generally have room for new people in their lives in the UK these days.

I feel that you may be right, and it seems to get more difficult as time passes. I'm also having a difficult time dealing with my bisexuality even though I'm married. People can be very suspicious and perhaps they are right. It seems to be getting in the way sometimes, and I think people sense these things. Life is complicated.

Hey guys, I'm in the UK too :)

30 and a guy.

Would be nice to meet some cool people here.

Oh and I'm not a troll but I can play one if you want:

vTSRzb8.png

hoppipolla said:

30 and a guy.

[img=120x100]

Welcome to the site, I'm from the UK too, where about you from?

9006 said:
hoppipolla said:

30 and a guy.

[img=120x100]

Welcome to the site, I'm from the UK too, where about you from?

Kent - Canterbury at the moment but probably moving soon! :)

I'm from London. I have a couple of friends but because I have social anxiety I am quite shy around strangers so find it hard making friends but that has to change.

hoppipolla said:
Kent - Canterbury at the moment but probably moving soon! :)

I'm in Cheshire myself. Where you thinking of moving to?

Hi all. I'm in Northampton and am looking to start a group for us lonesomes. Think we are all a bit spread out aren't we.

Kris35 said:
Hi all. I'm in Northampton and am looking to start a group for us lonesomes. Think we are all a bit spread out aren't we.

That's true but they did have a UK meetup a few months ago.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to do more to get a local group going. Crikes, where to start. Will look for the UK Meetup thread, thanks.

Hey folks. I'm from the UK, 20, and I'm fairly new here.

Would be nice to chat to a few people, feel free to PM me if you like.

My interests are: writing, books, technology, D&D (and other table top RPG games), board games and video games. I'm studying to become a video games developer.

Well... I'm not born in the UK, but I currently live in N.E. Lincolnshire.

Going back to the first post and it's question:
I wouldn't say that I'm lonely, i just prefer this type of communication and I think it's easier to get in touch with fellow introverts this way than face to face.
Current goals are to finish both of my educations and get a job in which I'll feel more comfortable :)

Latest posts

Back