Christmas Day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiina63

Reaction score
I realise that it is very early to bring up Christmas, but I am hoping this year that things will be better than last year and that I won't be on my own. My friend's church is doing a Christmas dinner on Christmas Day for people alone and I emailed them and have been put on the list for it. Transport will also be provided. So hopefully if all goes well I will have company on Christmas Day, which will make such a difference to the season for me. My friend is going as well and it will be really good to spend Christmas Day with her.

Hi Tiina,
I'm glad to hear that you'll have some company on Christmas Day instead of the possibility of being alone. Christmas will be here before you know it, I don't think it's too early at all to plan for Christmas :)

-Teresa

Tiina63 said:
I realise that it is very early to bring up Christmas, but I am hoping this year that things will be better than last year and that I won't be on my own. My friend's church is doing a Christmas dinner on Christmas Day for people alone and I emailed them and have been put on the list for it. Transport will also be provided. So hopefully if all goes well I will have company on Christmas Day, which will make such a difference to the season for me. My friend is going as well and it will be really good to spend Christmas Day with her.

That's great news !

Tiina63 said:
I realise that it is very early to bring up Christmas...

Well, yes and no. It may not be too early to bring up Christmas (it is only two months and nine days away and it will go by fast) but I think it is too early to think about it since Halloween and Thanksgiving are not in our rear-view mirror yet.

I will be alone for Christmas but I am not thinking about that now.

Thank you all for your messages. I am usually alone on Christmas Day, so it will be such a nice change to have company.

Latest posts

Back