What would you like a good first date to be like?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serenia

Reaction score
I thought it might be nice to share, what kind of things you would like to do on your ideal first date/second date depending on how well you might know them.

Before I go any further I want no self depreciating comments about things like never going to happen etc etc. You all know what I mean, this is intended to be light hearted. If you have anything negative to post please save your time and effort.

So for me, if I knew the guy a bit already then a meal somewhere cosy and romantic, maybe log fire and candlelight. Or alternatively something that might have come up in early conversation or a mutual like and that place might have a special meaning.

Anyway what would yours be?

First or second dates are probably still going to be a bit casual.
A walk in a park would be nice for me followed by a coffee and a chat.

Either that or a wild night of passion.

Also thought of adding to what about any little gestures you might want to do, whether it isnto make sure you say something nice?

I always like the idea of driving out to a country pub so that we could have a drink outside and watch the stars come out as it goes dark.

It's the sort of date where I'd really want to get to know someone after having a laugh. Just ask lots of questions to each other about what they want in the future.

I am a bit of a romantic sometimes haha :D

VanillaCreme said:
Pizza joint and going home to watch something maybe.

That sounds like a nice night VanillaCreme.

I got this friend on here, you may know her, and I know what a perfect night out with her would consist of. For her I said, not me. I'd take her ice fishing in Minnesota with the temperature below zero and I promise you she won't stop smiling. Her face would be frozen and that's why she wouldn't stop smiling but she'd still have a good time. ;)

I would like to meet up at a little coffee house and talk for hours. It isn't so much where we went or what we did but I would like to feel completely engaged and comfortable with them AND at the end... they wouldn't try to get in my pants.

Serenia said:
Before I go any further I want no self depreciating comments about things like never going to happen etc etc. You all know what I mean, this is intended to be light hearted. If you have anything negative to post please save your time and effort.
I reckon that's my cue to leave this thread alone then ;) haha

Hmm, good first date.
I'd say maybe a meal, whether it's a picnic or a restaurant or home cooked. Then perhaps a movie or a walk or maybe even find a nice spot to watch the sunset. The opera or a ballet would also be good.

Not a movie or the theatre on a first date, just reduces the opportunity to talk. I'm up for anything else.

I good date would involve them taking the initiative with the conversation once in a while, asking some questions, not using their phone incessantly. That's it.

First he picks me up in a horse drawn carriage, then we go to the woods where a beautiful picnic has been set out next to a picturesque lake. He has prepared the meal himself and its chef quality. We have a super stimulating conversation, and throughout he gazes deep into my eyes and mentions several times how beautiful/charming/just freaking amazing I am (I return the compliments). When the conversation dies down, we are serenaded by violinists and cellists and he holds my hand. When he sends me home, he gives me the most memorable kiss and tells me that he's actually a prince and that he wants to marry me and I'd never have to work or worry about money and can spend all his money/position to help poor kids and starving animals.

:D

Alternatively, I'd settle for good conversation over coffee and a perhaps a walk in the park. :p

Guess he's just panning Veruca for her dreamy, but obviously playful response.

BeyondShy said:
VanillaCreme said:
Pizza joint and going home to watch something maybe.

That sounds like a nice night VanillaCreme.

I got this friend on here, you may know her, and I know what a perfect night out with her would consist of. For her I said, not me. I'd take her ice fishing in Minnesota with the temperature below zero and I promise you she won't stop smiling. Her face would be frozen and that's why she wouldn't stop smiling but she'd still have a good time. ;)

Oooh, I wonder who that could be...

Serenia said:
BeyondShy said:
Paraiyar said:
Oooh, I wonder who that could be...

What the hell is it to you who it is?

I asked politely in my original post for no negativity please.

In my first post in this thread I described a date with someone that was aimed for one person in mind. I'll let you in on the joke. She loves cold weather and I hate it. That's why I said ice fishing. I got defensive because this guy, who just joined last month, has done nothing but give me a hard time since he's been here.

The idea for this thread is a good one. I am actually committing to memory the good ones.

Latest posts

Back