Sticking it out

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Is anybody else like me and has trouble committing to something until the very end?

I work long hours and I tend to think a lot in work, every so often I'll come up a plan and all these great ideas will come into my head, weather it's a project on the computer, or to create something, plan an activity when off work, or whatever. I tend to have all these great thoughts but when it comes to actually implementing it I'll get bored pretty quick. I either get hung up with another idea, start to realise it's not as great as I imagined, or simply get fed up of the existing one.

I annoy myself doing it, I end up with all these half completed projects or ideas; I'm not sure what happens but it just becomes so difficult to keep focus and motivation. I just don't know what happens.

I have a similar problem. I have a tendency to get bored quickly if the project in question isn't going anywhere and there isn't any obvious gain in completing it. If I'm stimulated enough and working towards something, I find it much easier to cross the finish line.

Maybe you just haven't found the right project/activity yet? It's good you are trying things out and better to give them up when you realise that they aren't as fulfilling as you has expected them to be instead of persevering with something you aren't enjoying. This frees you up to try something else.

I definitely suffer from this but it's usually solely my limited ability in pretty much everything that causes me to give up

Oh thank god, when I first read this thread title I thought it was something entirely different. Phew.

Yeah have that problem too. :/

in a sense, but I usually pursue those projects for a much longer time, and they usually fail for my lack of ability in involving others - if it depends only on my work, then I usually manage to finish stuff.

I'm like this... a lot... I have like 4 projects I could be doing on my laptop right now, plus things that I have to do here.

I just never can be arsed to get on with them. But then sometimes I'll get loads of stuff done in one go.

I am extremely tenacious. There are times i should have given up and wasted a lot of time and money lol. Could you be more specific?

Sci-Fi said:
Oh thank god, when I first read this thread title I thought it was something entirely different. Phew.

Yeah have that problem too. :/

Lol, I couldn't think of another title.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I was beginning to think I had some sort of ADD or something. I think it's relating to your attitude, since like LonesomeLoner said sometimes I get loads done, other times I just stop in my tracks and find it difficult to keep going.

Latest posts

Back