A Change in Routine

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue

Reaction score
Hehe, well first of all, I'm a college student, living away from home. But I do go back to my hometown every weekend. Now thing is, for almost a year, I've been doing the same thing in college - I always hang out with my best friend- my Mp3 player.
d(^ A ^)b

I listen to it all the time, on the bus, during breaks between classes, when I'm studying and whenever I'm free. And I like to be alone when I do that. But you know whattt, last weekend, I forgot to bring my mp3 player. I accidently left it at home. OK it may not sound much of a big deal, but it has changed my routine alot !! The last two days have been great ! Instead of sitting alone with my mp3 player, I'm starting to socialize more with the people around me. I realize now, that the mp3 player has been preventing me from talking to other people. I liked being alone because I wanted to listen to music. But now I hate being alone because it's boring without my mp3 player. Also, when I use the ear piece, nobody would talk to me because they know I can't listen to anything else. And yesterday, I talked to a girl !!! That girl wouldn't have come and talked to me if I was listening to my mp3 player, would she?
d(^ - ^)b
I still miss my mp3 player, I want it back !! I'm addicted to it...
But next week, when I get it back, I will not listen to it as much as I would before. It's evilll ~~~~ !!!

( ^ A ^)/ Yay~

yeah I noticed that when I dont use my mp3 player Its a little bit easier to socialize because since I had my mp3 player on people wouldnt try to talk to me because they thought I wouldnt be listening. I stopped using my mp3 player and ive managed to be able to talk to a few people as well.

its a good start to start letting go of the mp3 player, little by little lol I was addicted to mine, but now I barely use it unless im studying at the library or anything now. it took me a while lol

Evil little MP3 player!

What an interesting story I thought.

Well if I sew someone listening to music I would think wast of time trying to talk to him cos he looks happy enough with he's music and dose not look like he wants to talk with me.

So not taking the MP3 player was a blessing in disguise :)

That is good Blue. Like Rebel001 mentions, often i don't talk to people with mp3 players going because i figure they couldn't hear me anyway.

Latest posts

Back