Stuck at home every weekend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niceguysfinishlast

Reaction score
What do i have to do just to do anything fun on the weekend anymore? I mean, yeah sometimes i have to do homework on friday night but i always get it done then but no one wants to do anything on saturday night and it's either that or i can't go anywhere on saturday because of other things.

I'm sick of spending every weekend at home and i can't do anything about it! The monotony is slowly killing me, i swear!

niceguysfinishlast said:
What do i have to do just to do anything fun on the weekend anymore? I mean, yeah sometimes i have to do homework on friday night but i always get it done then but no one wants to do anything on saturday night and it's either that or i can't go anywhere on saturday because of other things.

I'm sick of spending every weekend at home and i can't do anything about it! The monotony is slowly killing me, i swear!

You're kidding, right?

What DO YOU like to do? What interests you? Where do you live? Big city, medium sized town or a really small town? If you live in a small town how far is it for you to drive to a bigger area because there are more things to do there? Do you have friends? Family?

Why do you HAVE to spend your weekends alone? Are you unable to go out by yourself? You may have anxiety or something like that which makes you feel trapped and don't want to go out by yourself, but there are still things you can do if that's the case. Take a walk, exercise, take a bike ride or whatever else you can think of. Go to a movie, join a club, find a meetup group.

niceguysfinishlast said:

Is the problem that you have no one to hang out with, or is it that you do have someone to hang out with, but you aren't on the same schedule? Is there any way you could do the homework before Friday, and be free to hang out then if you and/or your friends can't hang out on Saturday? Can you move the things around that you have to do on Saturday, so that you are free that day instead?

I can get that way too... its so easy to fall into that comfort zone!

i get it.

but thats all it is... a mental barrier. you will need to put in some effort to escape it... like planning, research, preparation - even if you cannot get anyone else to go - because they have their own lives and you still want to live yours. When you discover an awesome new joint, I'm sure your friends will come along next time.

humans have a desire to be part of a small community - and despite the way you are feeling right now, I am confident there are a of clubs for basically anything active in your area that gather in coffee shops or schools or gyms etc. - clubs are reaching out for new members who have similar interests and are welcoming so long as you put in the effort to find them.

It took me a while but I joined Kendo (art of the sword) and badminton club recently. And I found a local non for profit coffee shop to hang out that hosts a variety of social gatherings. its called studio.89(google their calendar!). I love places like these.

BeyondShy said:
niceguysfinishlast said:

You're kidding, right?

What DO YOU like to do? What interests you? Where do you live? Big city, medium sized town or a really small town? If you live in a small town how far is it for you to drive to a bigger area because there are more things to do there? Do you have friends? Family?

Medium town but i don't drive. My friends are too busy to do anything.

I like how madmonke described clubs similar to the martial arts/badminton clubs , about them being warm and welcoming for new members with a strong sense of community

This is what I have been trying to find round my local area - but struggle - NO social clubs appear to meet on Friday/Saturday nights when I am most lonely. It is really frustrating that it is like this, I have been searching for them for a long time and still no luck.

There are other posts on this site about meetup but my experience hasn't had the atmosphere of the clubs described - it seems the events are random one-offs without a strong sense of community and the attendees are wary of people joining as if only desperate/lonely people would attend the events... which I guess is true for some

Perhaps I'm being overly critical though - even though some meetups have this non-welcoming, uncomfortable vibe for me it is better than sitting alone at home staring at the walls.

MadMonkè said:
... you will need to put in some effort to escape it... like planning, research, preparation -

I experienced trying this yesterday, either I am a terrible planner or mood control/expectation management not my forte.

probably both

nondescript said:
MadMonkè said:
... you will need to put in some effort to escape it... like planning, research, preparation -

I experienced trying this yesterday, either I am a terrible planner or mood control/expectation management not my forte.

probably both

Don't worry, i'm a terrible planner too. :p

Well think very well what you an do ,try to find solution ,think what friends you can make what about a girlfriend .Solution exists but be pozitive and focus on pozitive things also be gratitude it will help you

It's easy to blame our surroundings or situation for our problems. But just like a bad mood can ruin a good situation, a good mood can (not guaranteed) to improve a bad situation. I'm not saying mood is all it takes, but changing your situation requires effort, and often - time.

Latest posts

Back