how to improve youtube buffering

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LonesomeLoner

As far as I know, youtube uses something called DASH, which controls the buffering. It will only buffer what it wants to buffer and nothing more.

Is there any way to disable this in chrome and make youtube buffer the whole video?

I feel so useless, I used to be get paid decent money as an IT technician, but as the years have passed and the more unwell I have gotten, I feel like I am useless with computers now. :(

I should mention that the reason I made this thread was because youtube playback is being very poor the last few days, I tried things like clearing cache but it's still bad.

It's not my internet, and as far as I can tell it's not the plug-in "magic actions for youtube"

I believe that it calculates your buffer size mostly on your connection speed, so if you got a fast connection it'll buffer more at a time, but I think they cut out buffering the whole thing to save on your bandwidth and server load.

The good news is that there's an add-on for Chrome that can disable DASH, I think it's called 'Youtube Center' or something like that.

youtube centre is not on the chrome store and the website appears to be out of date, not sure

I have tried all sorts of things and still get a lack of buffering, so the videos are autmatically paused all the time while it catches up

After looking it up YouTube Center was on Firefox, I read that there was a kind of equivalent for Chrome (YouTube Options) but I wouldn't bother because what used to be free is now pay only crap.

Thing I learned is that companies don't give a honeysuckle about people who are below standard, for example if you have a slow connection this DASH causes issues, but it was designed for people with faster connections with no thought for anyone else.

Well the thing is my internet recently got upgraded to 50MB.

I am wondering if my magic actions for youtube plug-in needs an update again, they have to adapt to youtube changes often, and one setting on it apparently helps buffering.

Either way, thanks for looking into it 9006. If I find anything I'll post here just in case anybody else finds this.

I'd try disabling it to see if it makes a difference, or, any other plugins that may effect it.

Latest posts

Back