Feeling Left Behind Again

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So many of my friends have people that they can count on to always be there; one specific person that they can always talk to. But I feel alone, and I feel like I always will. If recent events have proved anything, it's that my anxiety is getting worse, I'm getting worse at meeting new people, and my friends are slowly drifting away from me.

I don't know what to do. Most of the time I get anxious around everyone, either in big group situations, or in one-on-one conversations. I feel less as though there's anything I can do about it now.

I'm only 17, I realise, and I know I have a life ahead of me, but if anything this just makes it even more daunting; thinking about being like this for the rest of my life. Never being able to hold a conversation because my anxiety blocks all thoughts from my mind. Getting lost in my thoughts all the time thinking about things that could've been, instead of looking at what I have. Not being able to contribute, and being alone.

I really don't know what to do.

Don't panic. Just because you are like this now doesn't mean you'll be this way forever.

I suffered with anxiety majorly at your age. I'm now at the stage where I'd consider myself confident in situations. I was successfully meeting women. Now I have a beautiful, amazing girlfriend despite my blandness (not knowing nothing about films or board games!). Your not condemned to be this way for the rest of your life okay? :)

First things first. What can help is making yourself look sexy. Even a splash of aftershave can raise the confidence levels a bit. Second, Believe your sexy. Third, believe you can contribute and stop dwelling on what could have been. Make the things happen in front of you. Take opportunities that arise man!

If you fancy a chat sometime we can Skype.

Latest posts

Back