A Strange Issue

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WishingWell

Reaction score
Hi!

I came across something that I've never seen before. I just upgraded to Windows 10, but every other site, and there are so many I visit, is working perfectly.

Not when I create a thread or post on one, but only when I SEND a PM, after I hit send I get this message:

"To refresh this page, your browser needs to repeat any actions you've already taken. For example, if you've already entered info to a form, your info will be resubmitted to the site."

Underneath are two options: Retry or Cancel

My browser at the top of the screen is not accessible. Some of my answers to my PM's are long so I click on Retry so I don't lose it. After I hit retry, I would think I would have a second copy of the PM in my sent messages, but there is only one there.

Is this an issue that is a glitch on ALL? I don't see how it's my fault or Windows 10. This has just been happened since the upgrade though.

Could you please see if you can give me input and hopefully fix this issue?

Judi

I don't have windows 10. But I get similar messages whenever I use firefox.

I might have missed it, but what's the browser you're using? I can't even say if it's Win 10 - I don't think it could cause something like that, but it might.

Internet Explorer--the latest version. I guess it must be Windows 10. It is odd though that no other site or anything else on my computer doesn't have a single problem.

Thank you so much for answering me and being so prompt in doing so!

Have a great day.

Judi

If you have Firefox, try that. I don't use IE because it's too insecure. I like Chrome but it, too, has a lot of security holes. Firefox seems to be compatible with most things. Perhaps someone who knows IE better can give some input.

VanillaCreme said:
If you have Firefox, try that. I don't use IE because it's too insecure. I like Chrome but it, too, has a lot of security holes. Firefox seems to be compatible with most things. Perhaps someone who knows IE better can give some input.

Every browser has exploits or vulnerabilities people tend to find, IE is not as insecure as once thought - in fact it's probably on par with Chrome in the way of security. You have to remember that if you use one of "the big 3" browsers then they're often targeted by malicious scripts and programs. I've had to deal with a few instances where malware has found a way to hook into Chrome somehow.

But anyway it sounds like the code for sending a PM is somehow causing it to try and refresh the page half way though; I'd still use a different browser than IE, there's a good stable browser I used to use called Opera. You could try that.

Latest posts

Back