So, what is everyone's favorite music?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mechaghostman2

Reaction score
Mine personally is a lot of trash, death, and black metal, but I also love classical, jazz, blues, and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff. Just not big into country or rap or pop, personally.

Mechaghostman2 said:
Mine personally is a lot of trash, death, and black metal, but I also love classical, jazz, blues, and a bunch of other miscellaneous stuff. Just not big into country or rap or pop, personally.
If pushed I would say Melodic death metal and power metal tie as my favourite subgenres. The other metal subgenres follow closely behind. Classical, rock and jazz are definitely up there too. Rap and most pop music do nothing for me personally.

I listen to a lot of different genres, going as far back as big band sounds from the 1930's and 40s.
Most of my time I spend listening to rock & roll, r&b, & soul music from the '50s '60s and '70s.
There is so much music out there from past decades - I can spend another three lifetimes and still discover songs I had not known about.
I really don't talk about or discuss music to other people (unless I am asked directly) because they tend to have focus on the popular sounds or current styles which I do not enjoy. I've learned to keep my yapper shut regarding discussion of music and politics.

very difficult... folk, bluegrass, roots blues... but also jazz, all of it except really hard bop, and avant garde... and also classic rock, and 60ies beat, and indie bands of today... did I mention classical? especially baroque and renaissance

ok, basically everything except mainstream pop and heavy metal, but even heavy metal is preferable to mainstream pop (if it's good)

I love all music, I don't think there's a genre I don't like. Hmmm maybe yodeling, I don't got no yodel songs on my ipod.

When i was a baby panda I was really into alternative rock, grunge and that progressed into metal when I was a teen. As a teen I was on a strict metal diet. Lol As i aged I started listening to everything. My ipod jumps from metal, to rap, to top 40s, to one hit wonders, oldies, country, disney, orchestra, industrial, dub step, edm, classical etc etc I just love me some good music.

I love Reggae and something of most other musical genres too - especially the Blues.

I'm mostly into classic rock, punk, ska, alternative/grunge, and psychedelic rock. What I listen to depends mostly on my mood and the season. It's kinda hard to get into island sounds when it's freezing and dark out.

Today I was pleasantly surprised to find a band called "Dante and the Lobster" on Spotify. They were a new psychedelic rock band, but they sound like they could be from the '60s. It's kind of hard to find their stuff online, I don't know if they are together anymore. They only have one release that I know of. The song I listened to was called "Polaroids", it was nice to hear it again.

I've been listening to a lot of Spanish music lately - Juanes, Julieta Venegas, Marc Anthony, Celia Cruz, a lot of reggaeton, salsa and merengue. My most memorable concert was the Gipsy Kings in Berkeley, CA. What an amazing concert!

I used to live in a small town that had one radio station - that played country music. I used to make fun of country music, now I like it lol.

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back