Feeling Excluded and Mistreated

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I keep trying to join this other site and no matter what I do I get banned. Doesn't matter if I follow their rules I get banned just for having an account. They say I troll and have multiple accounts but I don't troll on their site at all and I have multiple accounts because they keep banning me. I swear I feel like I am being mistreated for no reason and I get it is just a site but I don't feel I deserve to be treated the way they treat me when my only offense is simply registering and I don't know if this is an appropriate topic but I've been trying to get the ban lifted and not getting a response and I'm starting to feel like I'm being bullied by the powers that be for no reason at all.

Can you request to have the other accounts completely removed? And then explain your situation to the people running the site?

AmytheTemperamental said:
Can you request to have the other accounts completely removed? And then explain your situation to the people running the site?

I keep messaging them but no response so far.

The mods seem ban happy, if you get back on they'll prob ban you again anyways. Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding though, maybe in the meantime look for a site that's similar you can join.

lonelypanda said:
The mods seem ban happy, if you get back on they'll prob ban you again anyways. Hopefully it was just a misunderstanding though, maybe in the meantime look for a site that's similar you can join.

That is why I came here. This is the best site I could find that was similar to E Not Alone.

There's a point where you have to cut your losses and accept that some people just plain don't like you for whatever reason. Some places are unclear about their expectations, while others just plain aren't ran well. Drama is prevalent on the Internet for a reason, and that reason is simply people.

Plenty of other forums out there.

This is a good information session. First rule when you get banned is don't make more accounts to get back on a site. That only makes things worse. Many times it will get your original ban extended, just take your ban and wait it out. If you feel you were wrongly banned, which most of the time the banned person feels they were yet isn't the case at all, take it up calmly in an adult manner with a staff member when your ban is over.

Creating multiple accounts to complain just makes it all the more worse and puts you in their bad books. Those who take their bans and those who can discuss things in an adult manner will usually get a response. Doing what you are doing makes you look like a nuisance in their eyes and yeah, they won't respond. You do not wan to start making accusations or complain you were wrongly banned or didn't do anything wrong. Not saying that is what you are doing just saying in general, don't know what kind of messages you are sending them, only talking from experience here. When a person gets banned or warned they never think they have done anything wrong, which isn't always the case.

Could be you didn't do anything and someone just doesn't like you, that would be wrong of them and an actual abuse of power for them to find any reason to ban you. Doing what you are currently doing though won't make it any better.

A second account created in order to get around a ban is called a "sock puppet" or simply "sock." Among site administrators, sock accounts have been an object of hatred for decades, since before the internet existed and there were only local BBSs. Creating a sock account automatically makes you not welcome back on the site. Treat this as a learning experience and don't create sock accounts anywhere else.

It's typically viewed as trying to ban-evade, and that can irritate moderators/admins on a multitude of levels. If someone's been banned, and they either attempt to go around it or do get around it, it's generally taken as that person just doesn't want to listen to what they're being told. Most of the time, it's not necessarily who's right and wrong, or about making a point. It's about someone listening, and if they just don't want to, then it usually doesn't work in the evader's favor. Even mods that are less strict can grow tired of someone constantly trying to prove their opinion is better or right.

If you're using a public place or have other computers connected to your internet maybe someone else got banned but because you share the same address it's also effecting you.

VanillaCreme said:
Most of the time, it's not necessarily who's right and wrong, or about making a point. It's about someone listening, and if they just don't want to, then it usually doesn't work in the evader's favor.
Sadly, isn't this pretty much how life plays out, too?
It doesn't matter who's actually right or wrong, but those who have power choose to enforce their perspective despite the truth. What reason do they have to concede? It isn't about who is right or wrong, it's about power, control, authority, and maintaining those things. Conceding is often perceived as a weakness, undermining those things. The issue goes well above forum moderators. Look at how businesses are run. Look at our governments. They all do the exact same things all the time.
How often is it that a CEO or a politician concedes to the point of those below them? Or to those even at their same level of power? And what sorts of people often gain the most power?

Topic Creator, essentially it is this. If you have a problem and those in power disagree with you, right or wrong, then you can fight but it is an uphill battle the entire way, and sometimes they are the ones with all the guns and ammunition and you have nothing. If you really expect to win then, in my opinion, you cannot fight fair. You have to be creative. You have to get the upper hand. And most of the time it's just not worth that trouble. Choose your battles wisely, as they say.

Despicable Me said:
It doesn't matter who's actually right or wrong, but those who have power choose to enforce their perspective despite the truth.

That wasn't my point. It's about listening, period. Someone that refuses to listen to any other side besides their own usually don't learn anything or gain anything positive, and all they want to do is sit there and complain.

Listening has nothing to do with having any power.

VanillaCreme said:
That wasn't my point. It's about listening, period. Someone that refuses to listen to any other side besides their own usually don't learn anything or gain anything positive, and all they want to do is sit there and complain.

Listening has nothing to do with having any power.
Well, then assume the topic-creator really did not do anything to get this ban. If we assume it really was a mistake then what have they done to "not listen"? Created another account in order to explain the error? What other means did they have to explain it but that? I don't see that as "not listening", I would see that as a moderator or admin having a power trip. What is there to "learn" or to "gain" in such a case? It is the mod or admin who have something to learn or gain in this case, not the user. Which was exactly my point.

And I don't like to victim-blame, so I won't suggest the topic-creator did anything to warrant this ban. If he/she says they did nothing to get it, then I will assume they did nothing. If they really did something for it, and they are lying, then no one can give them legitimate advice either way, so it's a non-issue. It's not like they are talking about ALL forums, or you guys, anyway.

Despicable Me said:
Well, then assume the topic-creator really did not do anything to get this ban. If we assume it really was a mistake then what have they done to "not listen"? Created another account in order to explain the error? What other means did they have to explain it but that? I don't see that as "not listening", I would see that as a moderator or admin having a power trip. What is there to "learn" or to "gain" in such a case? It is the mod or admin who have something to learn or gain in this case, not the user. Which was exactly my point.

And I don't like to victim-blame, so I won't suggest the topic-creator did anything to warrant this ban. If he/she says they did nothing to get it, then I will assume they did nothing. If they really did something for it, and they are lying, then no one can give them legitimate advice either way, so it's a non-issue. It's not like they are talking about ALL forums, or you guys, anyway.

They keep making accounts. And if that's against that particular forum's rules, that's not listening. Making two, three, however many accounts just to try and make a point isn't really listening to begin with. But you don't really care to get what I'm saying anyway. I'm not saying they did anything to warrant a ban either. But doing that, creating multiple accounts, usually doesn't end up in the member's favor.

VanillaCreme said:
They keep making accounts. And if that's against that particular forum's rules, that's not listening.
Alright, so then answer the question then. What other means do they have to explain themselves then?
What exactly do you expect someone to do if they've been rejected in a situation like that? Just give up? Is that what you want them to do in all cases a similar situation arises?

VanillaCreme said:
Making two, three, however many accounts just to try and make a point isn't really listening to begin with.
Well if you made one account and voiced your opinion and still weren't heard then I agree that the individual probably "isn't listening". But I think I might believe they aren't listening for a different reason. They should hear the message that they aren't being fairly heard and should take other measures, or simply choose to fight another day. Choosing to fight an unwinnable battle is not what I would call "listening".

VanillaCreme said:
But you don't really care to get what I'm saying anyway.
Thanks for jumping to conclusions, by the way. I appreciate being criticized out of nowhere like that. Do you regularly just peg everyone who disagrees with you as "not listening"? That's quite an irony.
Anyway, please don't jump to conclusions. I wasn't criticizing you or whatever you might think. I was listening to you. I just disagree with you. It happens from to time, I hear. But in this case I was originally agreeing with you. Perhaps just not necessarily in the way that you meant it, exactly. However, that doesn't make the point any less true.

I just think that if the rules are so designed to give the people in power authority over something, and they are wrong in their actions, that people are entirely justified in breaking the rules to correct the issue if they have no other means to be heard. And, in fact, this is how society has got to where we are today.

Just look at our social system. Look at history. Do you think the peasantry 'played by the rules' when they overthrew the Medieval feudal systems? Or would you simply just say they "weren't listening"?
Sure we're not talking about political systems here. Just forums. But my point was that it is fundamentally a significantly larger problem that extends throughout every aspect of society. That it isn't just about some stupid admin who may have made a mistake or anything like that. This is about how power and authority is seen in modern-day society. How we view it. How we understand it. How we accept it. Even how we condemn people who don't "play by the rules".

This very topic is imprinted absolutely everywhere.
History. Schools/Education. Sociology. Psychology. Science. Religion. Politics. And yes, including internet Forums. You name a topic and it's there in some form or another.

So you telling me that people who are right in every way should just keep playing by the rules, even if that creates some sort of contradiction or paradox, then I don't know what to tell you. I disagree, fundamentally, and to the very core of my being.
There are indeed times when we all must stand up for ourselves. Whether it's on a forum, in society, at school, or in our politics. There is always a time and a place for everything. And I do think you probably agree with me here to some extent.

You obviously don't care to understand what I'm saying. You're trying to argue a point that I'm not even trying to make.

VanillaCreme said:
You obviously don't care to understand what I'm saying.
No offense, but there is a clear irony in your posts now. I'm not sure how you want me to reply to silly insults like this.
I actually do understand what you're trying to say. However, I was trying to make a point about the topic as a whole. It had very little to do with your own posts other than the initial agreement. If you thought I was trying to do anything other than that then you were mistaken. I don't know how to clarify at this point. I honestly don't think you're even giving me a chance to do that.

Despicable Me said:
VanillaCreme said:
You obviously don't care to understand what I'm saying.
No offense, but there is a clear irony in your posts now. I'm not sure how you want me to reply to silly insults like this.

That's not an insult. That's saying you're not understanding what I'm saying. What I said had nothing to do with "power" or any type of authority. If you're just wanting to argue, I can tell you now that I'm done. It's clear to me that you're just going to keep on what you're saying, regardless of the relevancy of what's being said.

VanillaCreme said:
That's not an insult.
Well you were telling me what I was doing and what I cared about, despite not being me and really having no idea. I often take that as an insult, kind of like the whole "u mad?" sort of thing.

VanillaCreme said:
It's clear to me that you're just going to keep on what you're saying, regardless of the relevancy of what's being said.
My main point was relevant to the topic. Not necessarily relevant to your post. I simply used a part of your post to agree with a minor point that could help me express my main point, which was more about the bigger picture. I was not too preoccupied with the details of it, though. I don't see anything wrong with doing that, either. It's often how good discussions begin.

In particular I was only wondering what kind of recourse you'd suggest for someone who seems to have no alternatives to an unprovoked ban but to make new accounts and explain to the administrators, because it was the one thing you left unanswered. You never answered that, either. I'm still interested in your answer, but I guess it seems you don't want to answer it. I'm not really sure why. Because I was also making a different point about the topic as a whole? I believe I understood your points, but I can't say I understand why you think I'm arguing with you here. They weren't the exact same topic. Maybe I didn't make that very clear. There is the smaller issue (circumventing bans on a forum and what options someone has) and the larger social issue (authority, corruption, and what people should do about it).

I don't really like talking about people's personal issues, to be quite clear. I really don't even talk about my own issues with anyone. If I end up posting anything of my own it's often some butchered topic mired in metaphors and gobbledygook. If I do post directly about someone's personal problem it's usually to express a solution that anyone can generalize for their own purposes. So what I do like talking about is the bigger issues to all of our personal problems. Social problems, political problems, historical problems, etc. "Getting to the heart of it", if you will. Things which don't just solve a problem for one of us, but solve it for all of us.

So if you see me discussing a topic or even replying to you, never take it personally. I'm always looking at the "bigger picture" side of things. Some might say I'm "lost in the clouds". with 'lofty ideas that usually go nowhere'. And I apologize if I'm not clear enough with that. I think maybe that is where communication broke down.

In any case, I think both ends are now dead, so I'll just drop the discussion. At least I tried.

Latest posts

Back