Watching from afar.

• Thread starter AmytheTemperamental
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AmytheTemperamental

I realize that this post may make me sound creepy. Or make me sound like I cannot let go. For the most part, I have never known how to completely let go. But I have found a certain level of happiness from afar, that I cannot really describe.

Several years ago, I had a "relationship" with someone that I met through a text message chat site. We never met. And we had a falling out. I made a lot of shitty decisions. So when he finally decided to never message me again, I accepted that I was a terrible person. But I genuinely wanted the best for him.

I could never really reach out to him. I know that it's not my place. But once a year (after his birthday), I check out his social media and read the birthday wishes. Last year, I learned that he was engaged. And this year I learned that he has a complete family. It's something he really wanted. And I am happy that he has that now.

I feel an ounce of sadness because I would like to tell him how happy I am for him. But I will keep it to myself :D

If you don't mind it coming from me you don't sound creepy at all.

It sounds to me that you miss the connection you had with your friend and it also seems you got pretty close too. Maybe you think that now you know he has a family there is some part of you that wishes it was you that was with him. There's nothing wrong with that.

BeyondShy said:
If you don't mind it coming from me you don't sound creepy at all.

It sounds to me that you miss the connection you had with your friend and it also seems you got pretty close too. Maybe you think that now you know he has a family there is some part of you that wishes it was you that was with him. There's nothing wrong with that.

No. I have none of those feelings for him. Just well wishes.

AmytheTemperamental said:
No. I have none of those feelings for him. Just well wishes.

Ok Fine!! I just told you how I saw it. I am sorry!!!!!!!

Thats not creepy at all Amy. Every once in awhile I stalk my exes online to see if they're suffering :p That I think counts as creepy....definitely not wishing someone well =)

I don't think that just because you made bad or shitty choices means that you're a horrible or terrible person. We all make mistakes. Goodness knows there's many things I'd do differently if I ever had a re-roll.

I actually thought "aw, that's sweet" when I first read it. You're not creepy at all imho.
It's in "success stories" so.. let's all be happy for him ^^

I vote for "not creepy" too. :)
I think it's nice. And I agree with VanillaCreme's post, we all make some not so smart decisions, that doesn't make you terrible person.

I agree with everyone else's take on this too but I also think I didn't say anything out of line.

Amykins, being genuinely happy to hear that an old friend is doing well is the polar opposite of a 'terrible person'. I see nothing wrong with you occasionally checking his page to get updates, if you are not comfortable communicating directly.

BeyondShy said:
I agree with everyone else's take on this too but I also think I didn't say anything out of line.

And nobody said you did. Amy's response, to your comment, was normal, but since she didn't agree to your answer you got all pissy with that second post. Then you come back with this one. Talk about being an attention whore.

It never ends. Thanks a lot, whoever you are. You don't know jackshit about me but you still say that. Keep on insulting me to make others happy.

Yeah, you are right...you are NEVER the victim. You are known to leave smarmy comments and most people just ignore them. But, call you out on one of them and you start sniveling, pouting, getting defensive and blaming everyone but yourself. Oh the hell with it, I apologize for everyone on this site...you are ALWAYS right and we are always wrong.

I do the same. I mostly do want them.to.be happy. Except one person in particular.

I use spite/anger for motivation every once in a while. So if they ever actually do have me on their mind they will see how much better off I am. It's petty but it's not my main motivation for anything.

Thank you for the positive feedback guys :)

I guess at the time, I knew that I didn't really treat him fairly. I think telling myself that made it easier to not become obsessed. I made a lot of mistakes in those days, and I know that every ounce of who I am today wouldn't be here without them.

Again, thank you :)

Latest posts

Back