Spent my birthday alone.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jafo

Reaction score
Turned 41 yesterday and I spent my birthday alone. Went out to a Chinese restaurant and a family passed by my table. A little girl turns to her mom and goes "mommy, why is that man eating alone, he looks so sad". The mother told her that was rude and quickly apologized on behalf of her daughter. I told her there was nothing to be sorry for. It does get easier every year though.

Happy Birthday. I hope next year at this time it will be a lot better for you.

I wouldn't mind going out to eat Chinese alone on my birthday. I'd consider that a treat.

I'm sorry. Happy Birthday, though. It's your own personal New Year's Day. Here's to hoping it's a better one for you than the last.

VanillaCreme said:
I wouldn't mind going out to eat Chinese alone on my birthday. I'd consider that a treat.

I wouldn't want to eat alone on my birthday, but I wouldn't mind doing it on a regular day, though. I could see it being relaxing in its own way. I just wouldn't want to eat alone every time I go out though. More like, every now and then.

Happy belated Birthday Jafo!! 🎉

I'm sorry you didn't have the bday you wanted this year. I know how you feel. Spent the last 3 alone as well. Next year, buy a gift for yourself that will bring you some joy on your bday. Last year I bought myself a new phone. It helped preoccupy my mind a bit from thoughts of being alone.
*big hugs*

Happy Birthday, Jafo! I went through the same thing this year, spending my birthday by myself and eating out alone. I hope you enjoyed at least part of your day. *hugs*

Happy Birthday for yesterday. As others have said, I hope that this year will be a better one for you and that by your next birthday, you won't be on your own.

Happy Birthday,Jafo.Hope this year will be a better one for you.

I am getting the same feeling as Bill Gates would get when someone would say, "Heyy I made 10 dollars".
You are not alone.
Belated Happy Birthday.

There's something oddly satisfying being a lonely person doing things on your own. But I believe that human interaction is part of a healthy life, sometimes we just need someone to acknowledge that they care.

It's sad that someone who reaches out/spends time alone in certain places in the public is branded a weirdo, or sad.

Happy Birthday.

Sounds like a awkward moment. Hopefully it didn't put you off your meal.

I usually treat myself on my birthday. I always take the day off work and I buy myself something.

9006 said:
There's something oddly satisfying being a lonely person doing things on your own. But I believe that human interaction is part of a healthy life, sometimes we just need someone to acknowledge that they care.

It's sad that someone who reaches out/spends time alone in certain places in the public is branded a weirdo, or sad.

All I been wanting is for someone to tell me that they care. Thank ypu everyone for the birthday wishes. It was a hard year. I basically let the lonliness affect my health. A few years ago I was getting healthy. Went from nearly 300lbs. down to 232lbs. Weighed myself on my birthday and I'm back up to 270lbs. I was so depressed after this but I'm trying to get healthy again. I know I can do it, I can't believe I let myself go that much.

That's really good, Jafo. I wish I could loose all that weight. My will power stinks to high hell. I'm sure I could if I really tried though.

Bright Blessings on your Birthday and through out the year.. I know how it is to spend it alone..

Sorry to hear you were alone on your birthday. I spent mine by myself this year too, I stayed in and felt depressed all day.

But good on you for getting out there. Also bless the little girl for noticing.

Jafo said:
All I been wanting is for someone to tell me that they care. Thank ypu everyone for the birthday wishes. It was a hard year. I basically let the lonliness affect my health. A few years ago I was getting healthy. Went from nearly 300lbs. down to 232lbs. Weighed myself on my birthday and I'm back up to 270lbs. I was so depressed after this but I'm trying to get healthy again. I know I can do it, I can't believe I let myself go that much.

Generally people don't recognise changes if it's a little at a time, this is why things like loosing weight is difficult for many people; they get demotivated due to the fact that it's not a fast process and you only loose very little each time (Un-noticeable). Likewise it's easy for you to neglect something and believe it's not making any difference when in reality it is - but again, very little at a time.

I suppose the trick is to try and keep yourself motivated, of course your attitude is effected by your mood. Believe me I know this, I always try and imagine where I want to be or something.

Latest posts

Back