How do you know if the girl is right for you....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hitch1983

Reaction score
just been on a date, no idea how it went, because literally just happened more or less.

im starved of attention from women in my life and i crave it soo much. So how can i be sure i really like this girl and im not just happy any women is showing me some attention?

I mean i did like her, cant say anything bad about her, but how do i know if i really like her or if im just satisfying a long standing itch that ive had my whole life.

theres never been a girl ive dated that i didnt like and any girl that showed some affection back i entered into a relationship with until they broke it off with me....so how can truly know ...

even though im going through these thoughts above, im thinking the worst though, im kinda waiting on that text, ah your a nice guy but maybe we should just be friends....etc.

so i dont think my thoughts will be much of a issue anyway, but i would like to explore this side of me.

how do you guys know if a person becomes the love of your life?

i

Hmmm good question , i kinda relate to this i am starved of attention from women aswel , like i need attention and afection and cant live without that ... Dunno if anyone can tell you how do you know if it's the right girl for you because you know for everyone is different 50% needs to come from the inside .

I will give you an example of myself , i once met a girl she was good looking and i realy liked her when i have been on the first date with her , but there was something more about this girl , the way she was looking at me , the way she smiled when i was saying something funny or when i was acting dumb , the way she giggled , the way she was kissing me ... that's how i myself knew she was right for me .

She had the most beautiful blue eyes i have seen , and she realy knew how to talk with me or make me talk if i got stuck in the conversation so it wont be an awkward silence , she knew how to touch me when we kissed , she knew how to make me feel special and also she wanted to see me alot , like there was no day she did not wanna see me ... Also for me the first kiss on a date is kinda important , if it's not connecting and is awkward or wierd i dont realy feel like that's the right person for me ... but this is just me .

Anyway this is a bit of a story with a girl i meet a few years ago , but in the end i got scared of her and pushed her away ... so she found someone else . That's how i know a girl is the right girl for me in a few words , ofc there can be more things to say but like i said ... i think for every other person is different . You might find out what is the right girl for you , if you think in the past when you dated someone that you realy liked ... like someone that made you feel special that you realy enjoyed to be with , that you kinda regret for breaking up with in the past ... I hope it can be a good explication and help you a little bit :p

Also sorry in advance for my english if i dont have the corect sentences or if i mess up words or dont type them well , but english is not my first language

Kido said:
Hmmm good question , i kinda relate to this i am starved of attention from women aswel , like i need attention and afection and cant live without that ... Dunno if anyone can tell you how do you know if it's the right girl for you because you know for everyone is different 50% needs to come from the inside .

I will give you an example of myself , i once met a girl she was good looking and i realy liked her when i have been on the first date with her , but there was something more about this girl , the way she was looking at me , the way she smiled when i was saying something funny or when i was acting dumb , the way she giggled , the way she was kissing me ... that's how i myself knew she was right for me .

She had the most beautiful blue eyes i have seen , and she realy knew how to talk with me or make me talk if i got stuck in the conversation so it wont be an awkward silence , she knew how to touch me when we kissed , she knew how to make me feel special and also she wanted to see me alot , like there was no day she did not wanna see me ... Also for me the first kiss on a date is kinda important , if it's not connecting and is awkward or wierd i dont realy feel like that's the right person for me ... but this is just me .

Anyway this is a bit of a story with a girl i meet a few years ago , but in the end i got scared of her and pushed her away ... so she found someone else . That's how i know a girl is the right girl for me in a few words , ofc there can be more things to say but like i said ... i think for every other person is different . You might find out what is the right girl for you , if you think in the past when you dated someone that you realy liked ... like someone that made you feel special that you realy enjoyed to be with , that you kinda regret for breaking up with in the past ... I hope it can be a good explication and help you a little bit :p

Also sorry in advance for my english if i dont have the corect sentences or if i mess up words or dont type them well , but english is not my first language

i guess when you paint the picture like that. it makes it clearer. Kinda depresses me though haha because ive never once had that kind of experience.

If she can fry chicken naked with just heels on...

No. Really though, don't just be with someone because they showed you some attention. I suppose it's a lot easier said than to truly know. You could know after just a few weeks, or it could take years for it to finally click. Things like this shouldn't be rushed and they don't have a time period or expiration. Learn the other person and allow them to learn you. If it's right, I would like to think both parties would realize it sooner or later. If it's not right, then becoming close to someone isn't a bad thing. But it's not such a black and white issue. It has gray areas. And maybe it's something you won't realize until you've already fallen into a routine with someone. Who knows... But don't take attention and slap a destined-to-be-together label on it. Anything could happen at any time, and that includes things ending as well.

hitch1983 said:
Kido said:

i guess when you paint the picture like that. it makes it clearer. Kinda depresses me though haha because ive never once had that kind of experience.

You should not be drepssed , it will come sooner or later just dont force things , you will know when the right time comes i mean , you will feel it deep inside you , notice that this has happened to me only once and never felt like that again untill i found someone 8 moths ago but thist time she was 8 years higher then me and the relation did not last ...

VanillaCreme said:
If she can fry chicken naked with just heels on...

No. Really though, don't just be with someone because they showed you some attention. I suppose it's a lot easier said than to truly know. You could know after just a few weeks, or it could take years for it to finally click. Things like this shouldn't be rushed and they don't have a time period or expiration. Learn the other person and allow them to learn you. If it's right, I would like to think both parties would realize it sooner or later. If it's not right, then becoming close to someone isn't a bad thing. But it's not such a black and white issue. It has gray areas. And maybe it's something you won't realize until you've already fallen into a routine with someone. Who knows... But don't take attention and slap a destined-to-be-together label on it. Anything could happen at any time, and that includes things ending as well.

" Fry chicken naked with just heels on " i need this type of girl in my life , been looking for it for years now haha

hitch1983 said:
just been on a date, no idea how it went, because literally just happened more or less.

im starved of attention from women in my life and i crave it soo much. So how can i be sure i really like this girl and im not just happy any women is showing me some attention?

I mean i did like her, cant say anything bad about her, but how do i know if i really like her or if im just satisfying a long standing itch that ive had my whole life.

theres never been a girl ive dated that i didnt like and any girl that showed some affection back i entered into a relationship with until they broke it off with me....so how can truly know ...

even though im going through these thoughts above, im thinking the worst though, im kinda waiting on that text, ah your a nice guy but maybe we should just be friends....etc.

so i dont think my thoughts will be much of a issue anyway, but i would like to explore this side of me.

how do you guys know if a person becomes the love of your life?

i

I would take it slow in your situation. You may be blinded by the fact that a girl is giving you attention. Keep dating, and hanging out, but don't jump into a relationship unless you know the good and bad about this girl, or at least a little bit of it. I made the mistake of getting into a relationship with a guy because I was just happy a guy was paying attention to me, and it ended up abusive.

Have fun, but be careful as well.

You can't really tell right off the bat from the first date, if you truly like someone, or if that person is right for you. That comes with time. Ask her out on another date, then another... spend sometime together. You'll know if it feels right. Take your time, go slow, enjoy your time when you go out.

good luck

I'm the exact same way .... well with guys though lol. All I can really say for sure is take it slow and get to know her. Maybe create standards you'd like in a woman, so you know what you are willing to tolerate & not tolerate from any female you're thinking of dating. It's better to have standards before entering into relationships because once you're in love, you might tolerate all bad behavior because you love her. I hope everything works out well for you!

If you can find someone who reciprocates the interest, I'd say go for it. If it fails it fails.

Don't overanalyze your motives ("am I just lonely, am I just using her" etc.) You’re in a minority thinking that way. Starting a relationship with someone you’re unsure about isn’t necessarily mistreating or using them. They’re probably just as unsure about you.

Doing nothing on the other hand will result in nothing. Not initiating and making the best of the opportunities as they present themselves -for they will be rare and women aren’t going to initiate with you ever (understand?) - means there’s a very good chance of spending an entire lifetime alone.

ardour said:
Starting a relationship with someone you’re unsure about isn’t necessarily mistreating or using them. They’re probably just as unsure about you.

That's some really good advice.

Really good answers in the post already. I agree to take it slow and really get to know her and what she wants in a relationship, and what she wants in the future. Knowing those things from the get-go will help in determining if you two are compatible.

Latest posts

Back