making music

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I haven't logged on in a while. For a catchup see my thread in the new members forum.

This thread is about making music using MuseScore (or another similar software, but all I've seen except Muse Score cost money, and MuseScore is open source and free of charge). I find putting notes down on "paper" to be a much more intuitive and functional and enjoyable experience than trying to perform on an actual instrument.

I'm new to this composing stuff but have released four pieces so far, here:

MIckey

mickey said:
Hi, guys. I haven't logged on in a while. For a catchup see my thread in the new members forum.

This thread is about making music using MuseScore (or another similar software, but all I've seen except Muse Score cost money, and MuseScore is open source and free of charge). I find putting notes down on "paper" to be a much more intuitive and functional and enjoyable experience than trying to perform on an actual instrument.

MIckey

Hey, nice to see you seem to be doing well and are working on a creative outlet. That's really cool. I'm also trying to learn music - trying to teach myself some guitar. Anyway, keep up the good work!

TheSkaFish said:
mickey said:

MIckey

Hey, nice to see you seem to be doing well and are working on a creative outlet. That's really cool. I'm also trying to learn music - trying to teach myself some guitar. Anyway, keep up the good work!

So both of us are trying to learn music! :) I'm still working on my grasp of theory so I can continue to get better.

If you have a SoundCloud or other sharing account, please let me know what it is.

mickey said:
So both of us are trying to learn music! :) I'm still working on my grasp of theory so I can continue to get better.

If you have a SoundCloud or other sharing account, please let me know what it is.

I learned some theory back when I took a basic guitar class to fulfill an elective requirement in college. It was pretty informative. I feel like I should spend some more time on theory myself so I can better understand exactly what it is I'm doing and what direction to go.

I don't have a SoundCloud yet, or any recording equipment to get things on SoundCloud in the first place. Perhaps one day, though. I'd have to get much better before I'd be comfortable with that.

Thanks for asking in any case, and best of luck to you on your endeavors :)

I'd like to learn too, however my knowledge about theory is probably close to 0. I'm just a listener ^^;;

TheSkaFish said:
mickey said:

I learned some theory back when I took a basic guitar class to fulfill an elective requirement in college. It was pretty informative. I feel like I should spend some more time on theory myself so I can better understand exactly what it is I'm doing and what direction to go.

I don't have a SoundCloud yet, or any recording equipment to get things on SoundCloud in the first place. Perhaps one day, though. I'd have to get much better before I'd be comfortable with that.

Thanks for asking in any case, and best of luck to you on your endeavors :)

I dont' have anything except a 54-key keyboard with no jacks and a soprano recorder, so I use MuseScore, which is totally free of charge, open-source and full-featured.

Thanks for the good wishes. :)

Wayfarer said:
I'd like to learn too, however my knowledge about theory is probably close to 0. I'm just a listener ^^;;

Google "music theory pdf" and you'll find tons of downloadable totally free of charge material. That's how I got the book I'm reading right now.

I use Ableton to compose my electronic music along with a Korg MS-20. Helps that I've been playing guitar for more than a decade.

mickey said:
Wayfarer said:

Google "music theory pdf" and you'll find tons of downloadable totally free of charge material. That's how I got the book I'm reading right now.

Oh by the way.. this is a late reply but I did get it and started learning about music ;) I still have a long way to go.

And aw :( You left soundcloud

Latest posts

Back