Uk Members?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Lady. Yeah Bogey that image is one I bought from istockphotos ages ago - I use it often as my profile piccy. My best friend thought it was me, so it is similar. I am dumping FB. I have a Twitter page but thats just to follow certain people and get up to date. I wanted to find a good forum and this is one of three that I have joined lately but it seems to be the best really.

So, why are you lonely if you dont mind me asking? You too Lady, but ignore me if you don't want to answer.

Hmm I'm not lonely but I'm mostly alone (which I'm find with honestly), but I came here shortly after my father passed away, left and then came back after I got out of a 5-year relationship. I guess this was just a place I used to drown my sorrows with. Eventually with time, I got better and I found so many cool people on this forum so I stayed. Also, I wanted to give back what strangers online did for me while I was going through a hard time during my first break-up. They supported me and showed concern.. and talked me through that ordeal, that helped me so much I am grateful enough to want to do the same in return to others in need here.

Kris35 said:
Thanks Lady. Yeah Bogey that image is one I bought from istockphotos ages ago - I use it often as my profile piccy. My best friend thought it was me, so it is similar. I am dumping FB. I have a Twitter page but thats just to follow certain people and get up to date. I wanted to find a good forum and this is one of three that I have joined lately but it seems to be the best really.

So, why are you lonely if you dont mind me asking? You too Lady, but ignore me if you don't want to answer.

I'm not really lonely to be honest. I am here because I am 47 years of age and I've never had a proper girlfriend. Women don't like me. Living a life as an unattractive man with zero chance of a date isn't nice at times. Apart from work this is the only place I get to chat with a woman.

Ahhhhh Lady that must have been awful. I'm not close to my parents' so have no idea how it feels to lose someone you love. Well, I will know when my cat goes. I'm kind of preparing myself for when that happens by changing my life.

Bogey I'm sure you are not ugly, and here's the thing though: There are "ugly" people in happy relationships so it cant be just about looking a certain way that makes people "undateable". I have been out with some uggers in my time, but I was attracted to other things about them. And I really don't go for pretty boys anyway.

Kris35 said:
Ahhhhh Lady that must have been awful. I'm not close to my parents' so have no idea how it feels to lose someone you love. Well, I will know when my cat goes. I'm kind of preparing myself for when that happens by changing my life.

Bogey I'm sure you are not ugly, and here's the thing though: There are "ugly" people in happy relationships so it cant be just about looking a certain way that makes people "undateable". I have been out with some uggers in my time, but I was attracted to other things about them. And I really don't go for pretty boys anyway.

Women don't find anything about me attractive, looks, personality, lifestyle, whatever. It doesn't hurt like it used to. I know have I no chance, that's why I don't really bother. In fact I hate the times I have tried because all I did was make a fool out of myself. The horror stories I could tell you.

I decided a long time ago that I didn't want to be with anyone - for me its just too much hassle. I would like companions to grow old with though. Say, housemates or living nearby to people in the same situation.

I find that some people are attracted to me until they get to know me and then they see what I am like. I am the dullest most socially awkward person I know.

Kris35 said:
I decided a long time ago that I didn't want to be with anyone - for me its just too much hassle. I would like companions to grow old with though. Say, housemates or living nearby to people in the same situation.

I find that some people are attracted to me until they get to know me and then they see what I am like. I am the dullest most socially awkward person I know.

Yes I am like you, single is so much better. I could never stand the arguments, the sulking, the bitter, nasty comments, the lack of freedom. I would hate having to ask somebody if I could go anywhere. Can I play golf today ? What ? I would feel trapped. I would also hate having to tell somebody where I was all the time.

Like yourself, I don't mind casual friends, people to have a chat with every now and again. That is okay. But constantly being with somebody ? No, I couldn't do that.

I am sure you aren't dull, you seem really nice and interesting !

9006 Ive just seen your welcome post - thanks.

Bogey I was thinking just now - I gave up on romance a while ago (I rarely meet anyone I fancy anyway) and am running around thinking I need to find this family of friends. Maybe the answer is to just accept I am the way I am and will be alone and friendless forever. Kinda takes the pressure off.

Kris35 said:

Bogey I was thinking just now - I gave up on romance a while ago (I rarely meet anyone I fancy anyway) and am running around thinking I need to find this family of friends. Maybe the answer is to just accept I am the way I am and will be alone and friendless forever. Kinda takes the pressure off.

I don't think you are going to be alone forever or friendless.
Maybe you won't have a massive circle of friends like some people do but some people will come along who want to be friends with you.

Kris35 said:

Can I ask why do you say you are social awkward ?
Do you not like socializing ?
I am okay in small groups of people say 5 or 6 but in a larger group - people don't talk to me, they have someone else to talk to and people tend to start taking digs at me. It happens all the time. I am off to a Christmas works meal with 20 people in a few weeks. I am not looking forward to it. I kind of know people will avoid me and not talk like they do at work when it's just a few of us.

Kris35 said:

I hope that when that day comes, you have the strength to go through it. Losing a pet that's as close to you as a human being can be is just as painful. Can't imagine it if my rabbit were to go. :s

I like you asking me questions Bogey. I am the opposite to you and most other people I know. Am fine in a crowd cos can rely on others to talk and just pop a few sentences in now and again. Its one on one I struggle with. The closer I am to someone the worse I am. I get tongue tied and don#t know what to say and usually end up cringing at anything I did say. I do that all the time. I make myself cringe. So I had the brainwave of getting to know people who are the same as me. I prefer talking online and getting to know people first. Like you for example, I am already tinking what a nice guy you are and if you were in my area, eventually I would want to meet you and any others I get along with online. Doing it that way makes it easier (perhaps) because people know what they are getting.

So if you got to know people online (rather than at work etc where they only get to see you as you come across), and people understood you, would that make it easier for you to meet people?

Thanks Lady - this is the reason I started looking for that all elusive local group. I know I'm going to feel really lonely when she has gone so am trying to prepare.

Kris35 said:
I like you asking me questions Bogey. I am the opposite to you and most other people I know. Am fine in a crowd cos can rely on others to talk and just pop a few sentences in now and again. Its one on one I struggle with. The closer I am to someone the worse I am. I get tongue tied and don#t know what to say and usually end up cringing at anything I did say. I do that all the time. I make myself cringe. So I had the brainwave of getting to know people who are the same as me. I prefer talking online and getting to know people first. Like you for example, I am already tinking what a nice guy you are and if you were in my area, eventually I would want to meet you and any others I get along with online. Doing it that way makes it easier (perhaps) because people know what they are getting.

So if you got to know people online (rather than at work etc where they only get to see you as you come across), and people understood you, would that make it easier for you to meet people?

Thanks Lady - this is the reason I started looking for that all elusive local group. I know I'm going to feel really lonely when she has gone so am trying to prepare.

Aw thanks for the kind words. Yes it's interesting because we are direct opposite. I was super shy when I was younger but I got a job in retail serving behind a counter. At first it scared me to death having to talk to people and I guess I was rubbish at it. But that was over twenty years ago and now it second nature. I am very confident talking to people. But my work confidence hasn't transferred to any social situation. In a group I go really quiet. People when they have other people to talk to, don't really notice me.

I think you need some confidence or it might be simply meeting the right people.

Kris35 said:
Lady I just do niche websites and sell affiliate products. I actually lost my business at the end of last year and am starting again. Hence all the hours.

I used to to do that, I made a fabulous living for a few years, upto 2007. By the end the only work I did was checking my sales stats in the morning before heading out for the day.

Then I had some bereavements, the financial crash hit, a few things happened, and eventually everything died, but then I replaced it with a new career!

Takes guts to start a business again after it's folded, don't think I'd have the heart to do affiliate again!

Anyway, Mancunian through and through here but also possibly Welsh as I spend a lot of time there too!

Hi TWD,

Yeah I'm not doing affiliates and PPC this time - once upon a time it was great - now, too much competition, new rules by Google and what not. This time I am doing something else. I have a product to sell and its/they are unique, so fingers crossed. I think a lot of people want to earn money from blogging but there are just so many blogs out there nowadays - and really, most of them are boring - to me anyway. Too many bloggers and not enough readers.

Bogey, I have a friend who is socially awkward in teh extreme and people ignore him all the time. Especailly at social events and what not. He usually ends up at the bar on his own, and yet if people got to know him - he is bloody hilarious.

In a group, I get drunk and can be the life and soul. If no drink - sat really quietly lol.

Hi Kris,

I am from the UK, Leicester specifically.  Nice to hear from you.   :)

Debbie

Latest posts

Back