Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uk Members?
I like you asking me questions Bogey. I am the opposite to you and most other people I know. Am fine in a crowd cos can rely on others to talk and just pop a few sentences in now and again. Its one on one I struggle with. The closer I am to someone the worse I am. I get tongue tied and don#t know what to say and usually end up cringing at anything I did say. I do that all the time. I make myself cringe. So I had the brainwave of getting to know people who are the same as me. I prefer talking online and getting to know people first. Like you for example, I am already tinking what a nice guy you are and if you were in my area, eventually I would want to meet you and any others I get along with online. Doing it that way makes it easier (perhaps) because people know what they are getting.

So if you got to know people online (rather than at work etc where they only get to see you as you come across), and people understood you, would that make it easier for you to meet people?

Thanks Lady - this is the reason I started looking for that all elusive local group. I know I'm going to feel really lonely when she has gone so am trying to prepare.
(11-24-2015, 01:52 AM)Kris35 Wrote: I like you asking me questions Bogey. I am the opposite to you and most other people I know. Am fine in a crowd cos can rely on others to talk and just pop a few sentences in now and again. Its one on one I struggle with. The closer I am to someone the worse I am. I get tongue tied and don#t know what to say and usually end up cringing at anything I did say. I do that all the time. I make myself cringe. So I had the brainwave of getting to know people who are the same as me. I prefer talking online and getting to know people first. Like you for example, I am already tinking what a nice guy you are and if you were in my area, eventually I would want to meet you and any others I get along with online. Doing it that way makes it easier (perhaps) because people know what they are getting.

So if you got to know people online (rather than at work etc where they only get to see you as you come across), and people understood you, would that make it easier for you to meet people?

Thanks Lady - this is the reason I started looking for that all elusive local group. I know I'm going to feel really lonely when she has gone so am trying to prepare.

Aw thanks for the kind words. Yes it's interesting because we are direct opposite. I was super shy when I was younger but I got a job in retail serving behind a counter. At first it scared me to death having to talk to people and I guess I was rubbish at it. But that was over twenty years ago and now it second nature. I am very confident talking to people. But my work confidence hasn't transferred to any social situation. In a group I go really quiet. People when they have other people to talk to, don't really notice me.

I think you need some confidence or it might be simply meeting the right people.
(11-21-2015, 10:21 PM)Kris35 Wrote: Lady I just do niche websites and sell affiliate products. I actually lost my business at the end of last year and am starting again. Hence all the hours.

I used to to do that, I made a fabulous living for a few years, upto 2007. By the end the only work I did was checking my sales stats in the morning before heading out for the day.

Then I had some bereavements, the financial crash hit, a few things happened, and eventually everything died, but then I replaced it with a new career!

Takes guts to start a business again after it's folded, don't think I'd have the heart to do affiliate again!

Anyway, Mancunian through and through here but also possibly Welsh as I spend a lot of time there too!
Apologies for my typos, I know how to spell and have a good command of syntax and language, I just don't have time to proof read my posts lately! Club
Hi TWD,

Yeah I'm not doing affiliates and PPC this time - once upon a time it was great - now, too much competition, new rules by Google and what not. This time I am doing something else. I have a product to sell and its/they are unique, so fingers crossed. I think a lot of people want to earn money from blogging but there are just so many blogs out there nowadays - and really, most of them are boring - to me anyway. Too many bloggers and not enough readers.

Bogey, I have a friend who is socially awkward in teh extreme and people ignore him all the time. Especailly at social events and what not. He usually ends up at the bar on his own, and yet if people got to know him - he is bloody hilarious.

In a group, I get drunk and can be the life and soul. If no drink - sat really quietly lol.
I hope you don't mind me butting in, Kris and Bogey, but do either of you have Aspergers? Please feel free to ignore my question if you don't wish to answer. x

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An encouragement for new members bjarne 1,139 283,649 07-08-2019, 06:42 AM
Last Post: ahsatan
  Old Members Forum humourless 2 265 06-22-2019, 09:47 PM
Last Post: humourless
  To All New Members Raph 0 334 03-25-2019, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Raph
  Hello members! Here is a bit about me daddywarbuckssr 2 720 08-02-2018, 01:39 AM
Last Post: dqc
  new members duaned 3 4,009 10-21-2016, 02:01 AM
Last Post: Aloveablerogue
  A WARM Welcome For January's New A.L.L members. JustALonelyGuy 0 2,133 01-03-2013, 05:01 AM
Last Post: JustALonelyGuy
  Hello to members GreyGhost 15 5,166 10-17-2010, 08:19 AM
Last Post: SherryGee
  Hello members! Here is a bit about me notsoclueless 12 5,376 03-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Last Post: roundasapenguin
  new members too deadikey 8 3,415 12-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Minus