A Lonely Life Arcade

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey

Reaction score
Every time I log into this "forum," there are between 20 and 100 new posts in the Games threads and maybe one or two or NONE in any other thread.

This "forum" should be renamed A Lonely Life Arcade and the owners should start charging money per play. Within a year they could buy themselves a private island with the earnings.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, but it has been pretty slow for a long while.

Sometimes people just don't know what to say.

The game threads are entertaining... so it's a lot easier to participate.

ladyforsaken said:
Sometimes people just don't know what to say.

The game threads are entertaining... so it's a lot easier to participate.

That's true. Sometimes people stay quiet because they don't want to perpetuate an argument, either. There have been a number of times I haven't contributed to a thread for that reason.

Yeah, I definitely agree that it's easier to participate. Sometimes just getting you posting gets you thinking again, and out of the fog of feeling blue. That's my guess anyway.

I thought that would be a suggestion to add a virtual arcade to the forum. Funny enough, the last loner/loneliness forum I frequented had one filled with third-party flash games including high score lists etc. Was well received.

I've seen this all before and it's predictable among the lonely and socially awkward. The games require little to no effort and no exposure of personality either (mostly) which makes it easier to act without feeling awkward or out-of-place.

mickey said:
Every time I log into this "forum," there are between 20 and 100 new posts in the Games threads and maybe one or two or NONE in any other thread.

Would you rather be none at all?

Having games is good, but yeah, sometimes it gets overwhelming how other threads get dumped.

I am not shy, lonely or socially awkward - I just like the Games section. It de-stresses me and gives me a mental break from a hectic RL. If I see a thread in another area of the forum that interests me, I'll contribute. If not, I don't.

Either way, everyone is different and will participate/not participate in discussions as he/she sees fit. Just like real life....

mickey said:
Wild exaggeration.

ladyforsaken said:
The game threads are entertaining...
Agreed.

Rodent said:
I thought that would be a suggestion to add a virtual arcade to the forum.
I would totally vote for that!

TheRealCallie said:
Less drama in the games section too :D
Truth.

Sometimes someone has already said what I'm thinking so I won't post to that thread, what's the point. The games there is always something to reply to.

Latest posts

Back