New person

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMoreCasualty

Reaction score
Hello. I'm a 31 year old Canadian guy. I was looking for a site like this because I'm currently in the hospital for mental health reasons (bipolar disorder) and it's quite a lonely place. A couple of friends have visited but the hours are long, boring, and lonely. I don't know how long I'll be here, I'm hoping not longer than a week.

Maybe there are some people I can talk to?

Hello and welcome. There's a whole forum to talk to here.

I'm not an expert in any way with the rules when you are in the hospital for mental health reasons but there is a hospital here that has a section for that and one of the supervisors that works there comes by sometimes and I heard him mention that patients are not allowed to have anything to let them access the outside. That means phones, computers, iPads, etc and the only TV they have is in a room where everyone watches it. Doesn't sound like fun to me.

Thanks everyone. You're right, they won't let me use my phone in the unit for privacy reasons but here is a computer where we can access internet at a certain time, a library to go to once I get off ward privileges, and I can use my cell phone in the hall by the elevators.

Latest posts

Back