Can't stand pictures of myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldyoung

Reaction score
I think I look average. But still I don't stand pictures of myself. I like being invisible. And pictures are proof I am not.

Also I hate posing for pictures. I never know how to smile. I make the most awkward grimaces ever.

And sadly it seems the selfie trend will never end.

Oldyoung said:
I think I look average. But still I don't stand pictures of myself. I like being invisible. And pictures are proof I am not.

Also I hate posing for pictures. I never know how to smile. I make the most awkward grimaces ever.

The selfie trend is here to stay. Some people are vain and love attention.

You could try practising, perfecting your smile and camera face. On the other hand you could refuse to appear in any photo.

I feel the same way, I think I look fine in the mirror, but when I see a picture of myself I didn't take i hate it. If I'm taking a selfie I have to take 827723544 and then I find 1 I like lol fresia anyone else taking a picture of me though. They're gonna expose the awkward looking person I am and I cannot have that. I need my angles, just find some good angles and then you can always remember your face from the best possible degree.

I have a similar problem. I'm okay with photos, people seem to like taking them and I'm not going to take issue with it. It's good PR and all that, I suppose. I won't be looking at them though.

To be honest, I think I'm ugly and I hate it. Heck, I don't like looking at pictures of me and I actively duck away from looking at mirrors. I don't really want to be reminded about the fact I'm ugly, because it really wears at me. I'm convinced that nobody is going to want to be with me because of it I'm afraid, but that's a whole other issue. This is an issue which I strongly relate to though. While I don't mind pictures, I certainly wish nobody would take them.

lonelypanda said:
I feel the same way, I think I look fine in the mirror, but when I see a picture of myself I didn't take i hate it. If I'm taking a selfie I have to take 827723544 and then I find 1 I like lol fresia anyone else taking a picture of me though. They're gonna expose the awkward looking person I am and I cannot have that. I need my angles, just find some good angles and then you can always remember your face from the best possible degree.

Yes same here, I look half decent when in a mirror.
A photo seems to capture the worst of me.

ThatZealousOne said:
I have a similar problem. I'm okay with photos, people seem to like taking them and I'm not going to take issue with it. It's good PR and all that, I suppose. I won't be looking at them though.

To be honest, I think I'm ugly and I hate it. Heck, I don't like looking at pictures of me and I actively duck away from looking at mirrors. I don't really want to be reminded about the fact I'm ugly, because it really wears at me. I'm convinced that nobody is going to want to be with me because of it I'm afraid, but that's a whole other issue. This is an issue which I strongly relate to though. While I don't mind pictures, I certainly wish nobody would take them.

I understand and feel the same. Looking at endless photo's of smiling, beautiful people is annoying at times.

People say looks don't matter. Why then do we spend a fortune to look better ?

Oh well, welcome to the club. Hopefully people stopped telling you what a nice smile you have even though you haven't smiled nicely in a photo for the past 15 years.

1. Buy hammer.
2. Smash all cameras within a 50 mile radius.
3. ...
4. Profit!

Triple Bogey said:
lonelypanda said:

Yes same here, I look half decent when in a mirror.
A photo seems to capture the worst of me.

ThatZealousOne said:

I understand and feel the same. Looking at endless photo's of smiling, beautiful people is annoying at times.

That's so true !! I'm spending a small fortune on my braces. They want to do jaw surgery too, Blek. That's why I hate pictures though, my jaw is slightly off, if I took a picture dead on you can see my jaw isn't symmetrical. I can make it look normal myself if I force my jaw into an unnatural position and take the picture, hence why I only like taking pictures of me. Can't wait till they fix this honeysuckle and I can look better.

Yeah, that irritates me as well. I don't know, I'd like to think looks don't matter but I'm pretty sure they really do. At least, to most people. It frustrates me no end. I've never been told I'm attractive, and I doubt I ever will. Sort of makes me wonder what kind of chance I have.

Back on topic though, indeed, I've never liked looking at other's photos either to be honest. Perhaps for an important memory, but otherwise, I just hate being reminded that I'm ugly.

ThatZealousOne said:

Yeah, that irritates me as well. I don't know, I'd like to think looks don't matter but I'm pretty sure they really do. At least, to most people. It frustrates me no end. I've never been told I'm attractive, and I doubt I ever will. Sort of makes me wonder what kind of chance I have.

Back on topic though, indeed, I've never liked looking at other's photos either to be honest. Perhaps for an important memory, but otherwise, I just hate being reminded that I'm ugly.

What people say and what the actual truth is are two very different things.

I'm ugly too and I don't really like getting reminded of the fact. So I avoid photo's, mirrors and seeing myself in window reflections.

I know I am a nice person but that seems to mean fresia all.

Oldyoung said:

I can identify with this. :(

Oldyoung said:
I never know how to smile. I make the most awkward grimaces ever.

Oh man, I have this problem too. I find it so hard to smile on command. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to take pictures where I've tried to smile, but it's come out just like you said, an awkward grimace.

I find that it takes several shots to get a genuine smile, and I have to practice getting my face used to the feeling.

Oldyoung said:

Lol, I know what you mean. I have the worst fake smile ever, I'm clueless how to pose or look, An I also don't really like to look at pictures for myself. In fact most people probably wouldn't, so you're not alone there.

9006 said:
Lol, I know what you mean. I have the worst fake smile ever, I'm clueless how to pose or look, An I also don't really like to look at pictures for myself. In fact most people probably wouldn't, so you're not alone there.

TheSkaFish said:
Oh man, I have this problem too. I find it so hard to smile on command. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to take pictures where I've tried to smile, but it's come out just like you said, an awkward grimace.

I find that it takes several shots to get a genuine smile, and I have to practice getting my face used to the feeling.

Haha i think most people have a bad fake smile, I've given up on the fake smile years ago. I take smiling pictures when I'm genuinely happy and laughing because it looks better. If i fake smile I look derranged or like I'm holding in a fart.

Oldyoung said:

I hear ya, OY. It's probably why I never bother to take pictures of myself or include myself in any taken most of the time. I never really know how to pose a good one.

I don't like pictures of myself either. In fact I almost never take any. The few I have are taken by other people when I am in a group.
I also don't like my expressions.

So well.. what can I say.

Interesting to see so many who can relate.

I'm wondering if it can be practiced though. If I could just learn to do a decent fake smile, it'd help me a long way.

Maybe I should take a 100 fake smile selfies until I can pull it off constantly. But it's not gonna be as easy as it sounds.

Oldyoung said:
Interesting to see so many who can relate.

I'm wondering if it can be practiced though. If I could just learn to do a decent fake smile, it'd help me a long way.

Maybe I should take a 100 fake smile selfies until I can pull it off constantly. But it's not gonna be as easy as it sounds.

I have managed to find a decent expression I can do. It's almost a smile, but it's ok looking XD so I just do that when I'm forced to take a photo XD

Latest posts

Back