I'm scared

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miadora

Reaction score
*graphic content - I just watched something I shouldn't and need to let this out, read at your own cost*

So I was reading some creepypasta stories and saw a video. The title was something like "18+ only", "not for weak hearted people"...I mean, just as normal as most horror thread titles, telling people not to read but actually inviting them to try. And of course doesn't say anything about the content.

I watched.

At first I thought it was just a guy trying to do some evil dance, I mean I thought he was faking that he was possessed by an evil spirit, or trying to act like slender man, or something similar. Though his "dancing" seemed weird, like he's a puppet and the someone is pulling the his strings very fast and tossing him around. I actually thought his "acting" was good. I noticed his face changed colors, but the video quality is low so I didn't think anything about this.

Then I read the comments.

And found out it was a video of a man committing suicide on his webcam (it was live on a chat room and some sick people recorded it and spread it all over the internet). Because of the low quality, I didn't see the cable he used to strangled himself. That explains the "weird dance" and face color.

And now I'm really scared. If I had known what the video is about, I might not be this panic (or I wouldn't have watched it at all). But I thought it was just a game and turned out some one did die. I'm not sure what I'm scared of. I watched the Hannibal series without blinking an eye, and now I can't get that "weird dance" and black face out of my mind...

I see two options:

1. Go find something to do that can get your mind off of it. Just don't think about it. Tell yourself it may not have even been real and the people commenting may have just been lying. Low quality videos can very easily be faked and people try to pull stuff like that all the time.

2. Let it change you. Allow the knowledge to help you become a better person, to know that there are real people out there with real lives, people who are in pain, people you may even know, people simply seeking something. Almost always not even truly knowing what they are trying to seek. And know that you have the ability to change things that have not yet been done. Knowing that this strength will carry you forward to create a better world for everyone around you.

I am sorry that you had this experience Miadora and I think that Despicable Me's options are good ones.

These kinds of videos are more common than you'd think. Shame that they do it and feel the need to broadcast it to others who might not be prepared to see something like that.

Hi Miadora!

I've read creepypastas on & off for years now (mainly in Oct, cause I love Halloween & spooky things for the whole month). That site is used by amateur & creative writers who write scary stories. 9/10 are not true & just great creative & descriptive storytelling skills. Most of the stories have the author asking commenters what they need to do better or fix, even explaining the conclusions of their stories if readers are leaving confused comments. One story, Candle Cove I think, is being shopped around to be made into a series. The site is meant to scare us & leave us wondering. If you search the "Slenderman" thread, the site creator has a warning caption above the story stating the story is a fictional scary story & not true. Due to the real murder that happened in the States with two girls believing the Slenderman was Real & sacrificing their friend to it in the woods.
Most of the commenters on that site are young kids & they always hype up the story, trying to scare other young kids asking if the stories are true. I mean, "Jeff the Killer" is a horrible story & incredibly fake, yet all the kids that comment run with it & think it's the scariest story on CP. They even talk about battles "Slenderman vs Jeff the Killer" & create their own stories in the comment threads that start scaring other young kids. It's only young kids telling spooky stories in their room in the dark with their friends at a sleepover, like I loved to do....except now kids do it on the Internet. It's anonymous & scarier online because you don't know what's true or false.
All the stories are "campfire tales" & many do have accompanied YouTube videos to make them seem like real stories. It's all a figment of a great author's imagination & im sure a sketchy looking video to help create a "true story" atmosphere.

I can't tell you 100% this video is fake bc I haven't watched it. I'm scared to look it up & watch by how you gave the details!

Thanks guys, the feeling is decreasing. It's still in my head and I'm still scared, but not that panic anymore. I'm never really scared of horror stuffs, even the real things like traffic accident pictures. I guess it was more like a shock since I was thinking "oh, this guy is good at playing death", and then he was actually dieing.

@BreakingtheGirl: It wasn't screepypastas website (though I don't really know what site you're mentioning, but this site I was viewing isn't in English), it was a website that posts horror stories. Usually just ghost stories, screepypasta stories, and things about invisible spirits, they rarely post things about "this world" (like traffic accident photos).

The video itself isn't very scary, and if I had known from the beginning I think I wouldn't be that terrified. I believe it's real because of many reasons, but I don't think it's appropriate to discuss if this guy "dead scene" is real, I had already laughed at it once and greatly regretted.

That just show that these people are sick, there're horror websites that share (real) horror pictures: people cut in halves, head blown and brain scattered around...but there're always warning. Actual warning. And the title is always clear: "body floating in river", "burned boy"...so others know what they're getting into.

It was me, someone who's used to scary things, what if it was someone with heart disease? They show video of a dead person and another one might die because of heart attack.

Ohhh okay I'm sorry, I thought you had said you were on the site "Creepypasta.com". That site is what I was explaining. So the website you saw this graphic video was one of those "dark web" sites that show real bodies from accidents & weird things? Kind of like "Rotten.com"....shows real crime scene pictures, car accident body pics, etc. I've only viewed 1-2 pics from there from someone sending me pics, but my god I couldn't get the images out of my mind for a while. Really disturbing. Especially when sent a link by surprise.
I'm glad you're feeling better! I would have been scared too.

Latest posts

Back