For the guys

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

Reaction score
I think this video can be useful to some (start 0:30) [video=youtube]

It's a great little video.
You don't see anything like that in this country.
It's like we don't exist. And when loneliness is mentioned they always have to have some kind
of happy ending. A cop out.

One thing though, he is a good looking bloke who just needs some confidence.
Some of us aren't that lucky.

Triple Bogey said:
It's like we don't exist. And when loneliness is mentioned they always have to have some kind

You mean Hollywood doesn't make deep intelligent movies? :p

Triple Bogey said:

Actually, this movie has a happy, (kinda cop out) ending. For me it just feels to emotional and whimsical to take too much from it.

Xpendable said:
Triple Bogey said:

Actually, this movie has a happy, (kinda cop out) ending. For me it just feels to emotional and whimsical to take too much from it.

not surprized, it's like they can't have a downbeat but realistic ending.
Not all guys get the girl. Sometimes they don't ever !

I liked it. I feel like that often,Look in the mirror and see nothing but worthlessness.

I watched the video. The way I saw things, and the message I get from the video, is basically that it is all the woman who makes this even possible...
This guy, without her, would be nothing, he would to continue to feel like crap, and he would never even come to think these things that the woman have brought out of him.
I have noticed a similar pattern in my life. During times in my life when I feel liked, desired, or loved by a woman, it makes me feel well. And more confident. But during times when I feel like they dislike me, I feel like crap and worthless.
You could argue that you should not create value on yourself based on how others feel about you, but the fact remains that without that woman there, none of this would have ever been possible with this guy.
I've always really believed that women are the backbone to a successful man. In other words, behind every successful man, there is a good woman who gives him support. Unless in cases like if a guy is a narcissist or a psychopath/sociopath or something else.

You don't need a woman to be a successful man. Honestly it's probably easier without one depending on what you consider successful.

This video ..

Maybe I refuse to believe anybody can love me because nobody has ever loved me. I feel like I dont really know what love is. How could I? I never experienced it. How can I love myself if I do not know what love is. I've had a few episodes of unrequited love, but that type of love is only as real or useful as a car with just 2 tires.

All I know is that there are large empty holes in my heart. I have a deep yearning to make someone feel wanted, loved, and needed. Seeing another person experience these things that I never felt would bring me untold happiness. But nobody has really shown interest in me over my 30 years. I tried to open up to a few people, but I was met with indifference.

I just wish I knew what it was that girls hate about me so much. Am I too quiet? Am I ugly? Am I weird? Am I boring? Why have they cared nothing for me my whole life?

I suppose the odds say a small portion of people will get some rare, terrible disease. It also seems the odds say a small portion of people will never have any success with the opposite sex and will spend their lives alone.

Maybe its time I accept that who I am as a person inside and out is not somebody women find attractive.

michael2 said:
This video ..

Maybe I refuse to believe anybody can love me because nobody has ever loved me. I feel like I dont really know what love is. How could I? I never experienced it. How can I love myself if I do not know what love is. I've had a few episodes of unrequited love, but that type of love is only as real or useful as a car with just 2 tires.

All I know is that there are large empty holes in my heart. I have a deep yearning to make someone feel wanted, loved, and needed. Seeing another person experience these things that I never felt would bring me untold happiness. But nobody has really shown interest in me over my 30 years. I tried to open up to a few people, but I was met with indifference.

I just wish I knew what it was that girls hate about me so much. Am I too quiet? Am I ugly? Am I weird? Am I boring? Why have they cared nothing for me my whole life?

I suppose the odds say a small portion of people will get some rare, terrible disease. It also seems the odds say a small portion of people will never have any success with the opposite sex and will spend their lives alone.

Maybe its time I accept that who I am as a person inside and out is not somebody women find attractive.

Yup it's just not in the cards for some of us. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky some day.

michael2 said:
This video ..

Everything about us is wrong, apparently. Just so wrong...

ardour said:
Everything about us is wrong, apparently. Just so wrong...

No, not everything. Everyone has flaws, nobody's perfect. We just have to work around what works and work on what needs to be improved and the rest happens if they're meant to happen. At least that's what I think.

A fantasy movie is not the best way to illustrate change. We need real examples.

Well, I was able to look in the mirror and say I love you. When I first tried it a couple of days ago I thought there was no way I was able to do it. But a few things changed.

Long story short, I realized that I was just like my abusive father. I had spent my entire life trying to be different then him. I thought I had succeeded. All I've done is treat people with respect and show them patience. But for the first time in my life it hit me. I did not treat myself with respect. I still reflected my father's hate, except not to others, but to myself. I had held onto all those years of verbal abuse from my father and never let go of them. They were still there, eating away at my insides and I did not even know it.

So I looked in the mirror again. Instead of hating myself for all my mistakes, failures and average looks, for the first time I focused on my positive attributes. I've been a good person. I love people. And people love me. There was no reason for me to have such disgust for myself. For the first time I realized the guy looking back at me in the mirror was alright. Actually, he was much more then just alright.

This video made it more difficult for me to live peacefully. All the feelings that I have been trying to go away from are back... ..Before throwing your harsh replies on me, consider that I am just telling what I felt..

ladyforsaken said:
No, not everything. Everyone has flaws, nobody's perfect. We just have to work around what works and work on what needs to be improved and the rest happens if they're meant to happen. At least that's what I think.
Thats not the problem. problem is, only some people are forgiven for their flaws. And some people are always frowned upon for their flaws.

Latest posts

Back