My life is all kinds of messed up.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hauntyoueveryday

Reaction score
Where do I begin?

Let's start with money issues. I have been basically broke for over one year. I quit a serving job after the manager kept harassing me (of course they fire three of the four managers basically as soon as I quit). I have just been bouncing from one shitty job to another.

I had a good job at a movie theater. I was working box office, concession and projection. But I got fired after some guy snitched on this guy and I for buying weed even though it was off the premise and off the clock (and we live in Cali where it's legal).

I got a job that I am starting on the 8th. But in between that I have gone quite broke. I nearly wasn't able to pay my rent. I had to beg my dead beat dad to help, my mom, and one of my cousins helped out.

To make matters worse my landlord/house mate is crazy. She is some single mom with two grown up kids. Her husband left her for some woman and I can see why. She is nuts! She came banging on my door and yelling for some very simple and stupid issues. She started complaining about me closing the toilet seat (apparently it's too loud) and the fact that I am not I am not some neat freak like her (after I use pots and wash them she will ******* go hunting for them and put them back into the sink). I have never had a landlord just straight up yell at me. I don't even want to communicate with her. And her rent is high. She is just nuts.

I am looking for a cheaper place to stay. At least it's early in the month. But I am not having the greatest luck.

I am even concerned about my dating life at the moment. If you talk to certain people they make it seem that your 20s is all about women. I am 23 and while I don't have the highest count, I've been with a few women. They do not fix your problem. My head isn't in the right place to be going out to a bar or club at the moment.

I don't know what to do here guys. I am just working hard everyday trying to create opportunities for myself to make money. Everyday just seems horrible. I don't interact with other human beings. My mom is unsympathetic. The suicide hotline sucks. I might have to take that plunge if things don't get better.

I sympathize with you and what you are going through and I hope it gets better for you soon and that you can find a new place to live.

But this last part here is never the answer.

Hauntyoueveryday said:
The suicide hotline sucks. I might have to take that plunge if things don't get better.

I hope that your new job works out and that you find somewhere else to live soon. Maybe you could put finding a girlfriend on hold for a while till you get your work life and home life sorted out. I really hope that things work out for you.

Lack of money is always a demotivator, but it's also a way to test your character and your strength. Life is easier when you have money, of course, but, IMO, it's the times when you don't have it that strengthens your character and makes you a better person and gives you a better sense of managing money when you do have it again.

To repeat something I've already said, Marijuana is NOT legal in Cali, unless it's medical marijuana. Recreational marijuana is decriminalized, NOT legal.
But yeah, there's another place your money is going that it doesn't need to go.

As for your landlord, maybe she's stressed or has OCD about your house. Are you sure you're cleaning the dishes properly? (Not saying you aren't, but maybe you're in a rush and missing stuff) But yeah, it is her house, she's in charge, not much you can do there if you've tried talking to her in a calm manner about things.

What to do is what you have been doing. Find a different job, look for a cheaper rental property, keep trying. It will get better, you just have to keep trying and be patient.

You're gonna have to suck it up and grind. I'm sure when things become work or die you'll figure it out somehow. That's just how it usually works for me. Life lines don't show up for me until I'm seconds from drowning.

The RealCallie: Weed is legal on a state level. I have smoked weed right outside of a police station. No one takes it seriously here.

My landlord for sure is stressed (I don't think she has any friends. When she doesn't work she doesn't leave the house. She just watches sex in the city and plays on her tablet). And she has OCD about her house for sure. I have just never lived with anyone like that. I had lived my aunt a year ago who was a bit tough. But I was living rent free and she was family. It's crazy that someone who I am paying $750 a month is getting upset over how I put the toilet seat down. Even when I tried to take the blame for something in the kitchen she was like "yes that is your fault." I don't want to communicate with people like that ever. She is a good mirror though. Don't ever get with a woman like that and don't be like that.

Coffee: Going back to school does not improve your life. You spend money on a degree that doesn't get you a job. I rather work. I was going to school. But couldn't afford it.

I am just so pissed about everything. I can't think of one thing that is going right in my life. My bills are so high with no income over the last month. I have two agents and I am not getting auditions. I am single, I don't have a real friends around me. I am just sick of this honeysuckle. This life is meaningless as fresia.

Just because some cops let it slide doesn't mean it's legal. I know a few people who have gotten busted for it.

The toilet seat thing, I yell at my kids if they just let it fall and bang onto the toilet, it's not so much about the noise (although I do dislike it), it's more about respect and common courtesy of belongings.
$750 would be outrageous for where I live, but the cost of living is lower here, so I'm not sure where that rent ranks in your area.
You may both be misunderstanding each other. You should try to talk to her and try to find some common ground or compromise.

And for the life is meaningless comment. Life ain't have meaning until/unless YOU give it meaning. Find something that will make it more meaningful. (Not talking about a girl here)

TheRealCallie: It's ridiculous that people get busted for that. Alcohol was way worse.

Yes you can yell at your kids. If that was my mom I'd be mad. But she's my mom. This lady is not my mom at all. I've only known her for just over two months. It is very unprofessional to yell at your tenant over little honeysuckle.

My issue with her is that she thinks that she is so perfect. She is just super fake.

I am going after my passions in life. But all I know is that I am broke, I struggle to have money to eat, I can't pay my bills. Thank God that I start this job on Tuesday.

You're doing better than me. So it can't be all that bad. I just quit my first day on the job, because they lied about the job title and have me doing door to door sales. God, why are they allowing pyramid schemes on job search sites....

Focus on getting your logistics in order, HYED. Suck it up and grind like kamya says.

You're spot on when you say that your head isn't in the right place for meeting a lady, and I agree that when things are messed up personally, it's not realistic to think a lady is going to help. Unfair on her too.

FWIW, I've been in pretty much the space you're in: a housemate landlady who's an *******; fired from a job unfairly; out of money.......I even went homeless for awhile. OK get this, if it doesn't kill you and you come out the other side of the messed up zone and you come back from it enough to live a polite life with polite people, it toughens you up and the survival skills you learn are something you can always fall back on again if you have to.

You can say, 'I lived through that and I'm still here, is that the best you can do, cruel world?'

And let's not hear any more about that final exit stuff either.

Latest posts

Back