Vendor Contact perspective needed

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alone By Faults

Reaction score
Hi

I do some online work for a couple of owners of companies. As the period nears an end, I send out an email asking if next contract is same, less, more, or discontinued. Largest contract responds quickly and I can schedule the rest.

Sent one on 12/1 and no response. One more follow up on 12/6 and nothing. Skype contact from person on 5th and 6th with instructions for upcoming work but no mention of any kind whether we continue past the end of date (16th this month)

Really do not like this and he ignores other emails but never about extending before. Been over a year with client over all....prepays ....

So I really value having my ducks lined up in a row...to what date would a reasonable person give the client to respond as I am not bringing it up again and have other work to fill most of the void...

I ask because I know my judgment is questionable with cutting off contact with people

ty

Hi,
I can't tell exactly what type of work you do except that it's online but I suppose what really matters here is selling yourself and your services.
Could you simply send a new contract with a polite email saying you're looking forward to working with them again, with the underlying message being that they will simply sign up again? Or perhaps pick up the phone and make personal voice-to-voice contact to sell your services. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say.
I'm not a contractor myself but I have hired a few here and there (for home repairs and other things). It's possible your customer is busy with other things and hasn't been able to respond. I would keep pushing unless or until you get a definitive "no".
Edit to add: If you Skype with them again, use that opportunity to bring up your contract. Even if you have other work to fall back on, I wouldn't give up on a customer. You never know where a job might lead you.

Good luck! :)

-Teresa

Thanks for all the input. Sent last notice... No reply...so I gave his scheduled time to another client after the 16th

The vendor just stopped replying to all communication except for one or two tweeks in this last week.

Finish up Wednesday for that company and I feel more relieved than regretful....

Was a good client as in very little direction...do my own creative thing...

My mental outlook prefers interaction with a tad too much in the ordering around department then one that goes MIA for stretches and suddenly will not answer either way towards the future..

I get contacted from the company today asking for a status report and that he has been really busy.

Sent off professional response indicating that their is still room in my workload.

No answer in the five hours remaining of the business day. Notified him that like always it is pre pay and if you want my services than to do so.

I do not expect a response nor am bothered if I dont get one.

Odd that someone would reach out like that to only go missing again...

Oh well

the unfortunate part of dealing by email is the shear volume some people receive
Another unfortunate part of email ...people send to everyone and anyone
My wife needs an entire day to deal with email after a weeks vacation

BadGuy said:
the unfortunate part of dealing by email is the shear volume some people receive
Another unfortunate part of email ...people send to everyone and anyone
My wife needs an entire day to deal with email after a weeks vacation

Very True in a lot of circumstances. This business relationship i had with him to what it has degraded to now has covered a few years. It was never like this.

I read the email and it was fishing for a nugget of information on something he considered vital. Once he got the answer, the wall was put back up.

At least this time, I am not going to dicker a week as I know what will not be coming and 2016 will be better for it.

TY

Latest posts

Back