How do you enjoy your life as a loner?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefftremblay285

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I'd just like to know how content you are with your lonely life. How often do you go out and socialize with people? Are you isolated and OK with this? Do you have few friends and are happy with it? Are you a sociable introvert?

In general, how would you describe the process of socializing and existing amongst other human beings, based on your life experience?

I know this sounds vague.

Still, I'd be glad to hear your personal description of a social life.

At the moment for me it's just my bf, it's winter and I'll be honest, I become a hermit in winter so right now it's beers and hockey at my house on the weekend and sometimes we go to the movies. I'm much more active in summer. As for friends outside my bf, every friend I had has either been disloyal, moved away or started doing drugs so i cut them out of my life. Why can't the disloyal/druggy friends be the ones who move ? Heh. Because I have my bf I'm semi content with just spending time with him, I know if we had a deeper connection I would be fine with just being around him. I'm like the dude in fight club, I make single serving friends. I go out and meet randoms and have fun for the night, but never see them again. It's so hard to find girl friends and my bf wouldn't be happy with me making friends with guys because he thinks they just want to fresia me :/ sometimes I just get squirrelly and run out and do something impulsive because I need to break the cycle. Oh well, maybe things will change in the new year.

I enjoy my life I think. Everytime I get near people I find it painful. I would like to have more good friends, of course, but too often whenever I try I get hurt. So now, I am just glad not to be around them. I have a cat, and a decent house, I enjoy my hobbies and often I find people really don't bring anything to that. Sure, sometimes they do... but I would rather have no one in my life than people making me miserable.

I feel like I am an extroverted introvert. It often creates problems. Extroverts think I am one of them and seem to get hurt when I don't want to go to parties or go out with them. As if they take it personal. But I do feel like I try to give hints, for instance at work I close my office door and don't come out all day, and I never go to parties, but when they see me in the hall I am bright and gregarious only they don't know I have about 20 minutes of material.

I just mostly am lonely for someone who will listen to me. I mean really listen. Whatever I want to say, and not have someone follow around behind me telling me I am wrong or go off on a tangent about them when I start talking about me... that is what I mostly hunger for.

I just mostly am lonely for someone who will listen to me. I mean really listen. Whatever I want to say, and not have someone follow around behind me telling me I am wrong or go off on a tangent about them when I start talking about me... that is what I mostly hunger for.
[/quote]

Can relate so well....

My friends moved away and I moved to a new area, so I don't have a social life. I only have work and online games for socializing, but I organize gaming events with online friends now. It's nice to see people enjoying themselves.

At my age it's hard to be exposed to new people the same way I was in high school so I work with what I have.

Snakes and birds, and other wildlife. Getting outdoors, reading, listening to music, or watching movies. Occasionally do these things with other folks, but often just on my own.

I daydream quite a lot and sometimes that translates into artwork.

I also take time to really look and listen to the natural world around me.

Latest posts

Back