again..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayfarer

Reaction score
I feel depression is once again getting very close. It's been two weeks I've been feeling this way.. and I fear I'm hurting the few people that might care too.
I hope I'll be strong enough to recover. Maybe I should have written this in the diary section.. :/

Uhm help.. someone? :/

Hey Wayfarer, I think it's already great that you are determined to fight it, because that is half of the battle. Concentrate on the things that you CAN do to make yourself feel worthy and loved and lovable (within the realm of what you feel is possible - for example I feel much more "worthy" when I do silly things like blowing soap bubbles in public places, just an example) and keep going, that's where your strength is needed, to not give up hope. This already determines the result, you will make it, I bet you 10$ :p

I don't know what to tell you Wayfarer. When you know you're having issues due to depression then stop, relax, and take a moment for yourself. Let the whole world slip away for a while. Think about stuff that normally makes you happy or peaceful, or doing stuff you normally enjoy doing. Or even just imagine being comforted, like you're being hugged by someone you love, if that's your thing. It's not going to make anything just magically go away, but it helps. Well, I mean it helps me sometimes. I don't know if it works for everyone.
Actually, for the longest time I think I dealt with depression by having some imaginary friends. Imaginary worlds, even. Places I would escape to in my mind and I kind of 'lived' there, in a way.

Also, I'm not sure if everyone knows this or not, but having a routine/schedule for your days supposedly helps to alleviate symptoms of emotional disorders, like depression and bipolar. Wake up the same time every day, go to sleep the same time every night, eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner and try to eat around the same times every day. Drink only water or fruit juices, too.
Honestly I don't know if that works or not. I've never once been able to keep a schedule my entire life. But it is what some professionals suggest you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back