New years resolutions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonelypanda

Reaction score
First real thread, weeeeee.

So what everyone's new years resolutions? I've never really had a new years resolution, I've just quit or changed things at random. I thought it would be fun this year to commit to something and start the year off good. My resolution this year is to get my drivers licence, which I've put off for too **** long now. New year, new license ? Let's hope!!! :D So what's yours?

I wanna get back in touch with myself. I want to be the old me.

I want to be really disciplined about my health, get as much well as I can, which means following a few things (diet, exercise, therapies etc) without ever flinching
I want to finally lose this extra weight (yeah, they all say that :D) but I will try to lose it before the new year
I will do my best to avoid depression, and become a better person, possibly slightly more lovable but there isn't much that I can do on that
I want to work again...
this is a lot already

Peaches said:
I want to be really disciplined about my health, get as much well as I can, which means following a few things (diet, exercise, therapies etc) without ever flinching
I want to finally lose this extra weight (yeah, they all say that :D) but I will try to lose it before the new year
I will do my best to avoid depression, and become a better person, possibly slightly more lovable but there isn't much that I can do on that
I want to work again...
this is a lot already

Exercise will help with depression. I would love to exersize more, I don't need to lose weight but I want the health benifits and it would be nice to tone up. I'm so lazy though, haha I like naps. I think you can do it, start small so it's not overwhelming and work up slowly.

I don't think I have resolutions so much as a wish list. I have tried having resolutions once, a long time ago. I think I ate them. There was definitely a sense of disappointment and irony when I'd gained weight at the end of the year instead of losing it. But yeah.. if I were to have a resolution it would be the same as yours lonelypanda. I have a license already, just not where I am now. I prefer to think of it as a goal instead of a resolution, but it's all just semantics. Good luck to you guys, and I hope you can all achieve what you set out for.

Move into a flat, get the band gigging, build a decent social circle, get second album released for my electronic music, read lots, get back into the gym.

My main one is getting a driver's license. It's very tough going places if you don't have a license or car. I also want to get in shape. This year ended up with me gaining quite a bit of weight, which was the last thing I had in mind for 2015. I might even inquire about resuming education, but for now the license and fitness are of more importance.

Don't make them. I commend those who do AND stick to them. I think it's a fun idea for when it's something feasible to accomplish.

Continuous survival sounds like a good plan. Since I'm doing that each day, I guess I'll just keep doing it next year.

Be a good man to my girlfriend.

Lose some of my pessimistic self doubt and criticism and replace it with more optimistic confidence. I'm not talking about a total makeover here....just less of the bad and more of the good.

Sub-text on the above: be more cheerful.

Make some real profit from my veggies, apples, honeybees and bread at the farmers market.

constant stranger said:
Make some real profit from my veggies, apples, honeybees and bread at the farmers market.

If only you were in my town :D

lonelypanda said:

My resolution this year is to get my drivers licence, which I've put off for too **** long now. New year, new license ? Let's hope!!!

reynard_muldrake said:
My main one is getting a driver's license. It's very tough going places if you don't have a license or car.

Can't agree more. I put off getting my license for a very long time. Being able to drive makes a world of difference.

This will be my second ever new years resolution, which is to make a sustainable friendship.

reynard_muldrake said:
My main one is getting a driver's license. It's very tough going places if you don't have a license or car. I also want to get in shape. This year ended up with me gaining quite a bit of weight, which was the last thing I had in mind for 2015. I might even inquire about resuming education, but for now the license and fitness are of more importance.

Yeah its so hard when you have errands to run and a job to go to and a million things to do that at the moment I depend on my mother for.

d00d said:
lonelypanda said:

My resolution this year is to get my drivers licence, which I've put off for too **** long now. New year, new license ? Let's hope!!!

reynard_muldrake said:
My main one is getting a driver's license. It's very tough going places if you don't have a license or car.

Can't agree more. I put off getting my license for a very long time. Being able to drive makes a world of difference.

This will be my second ever new years resolution, which is to make a sustainable friendship.

I would love a sustainable friendship too, I think being able to drive and go places freely would help that too.

Live on my own
Build my confidence
Get a job
Get a car

Spend less time worrying about what people think of me.

tsar said:
Spend less time worrying about what people think of me.

That's prob the best one to work on, do what makes you happy and fresia whay everyone else thinks.

AmytheTemperamental said:
constant stranger said:

If only you were in my town :D

Aren't you sweet to say that! If we were in the same town I'd give you a bargain....the choicest selections at a discount.

Oh wait, does that mean I'd be compromising my resolution on profit? That'd be OK, I could make up the difference by overcharging the ruder customers.

I am going to be a grandma for the first time.. So I plan on being the best granny I can. ^.^

Latest posts

Back