Have you tried SteamVR ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm quite interested in the prospect of Steam VR. I've not tried their headset yet but I have had a go on both versions of the oculus headsets.

I'll say that the tech has come a long way in each iteration, however there's still plenty of problems with it. Not least the fact that you have to remain plugged in with cables directly behind you (and well, if you've walked away while holding something that's still plugged in you know how annoying that is, try having said thing stuck on your head) that coupled with the motion sickness... yeah. The tech has issues, a lot of people say you need to find your VR legs as it were to stomach it.

I can see VR being great for a fixed 'movie style' experience, having heard people who are trying to develop for it talk about it and experienced it myself, I would say a video game in VR is going to be a long time coming. Just the difficulties of moving around and processing that is just... well... hard.

That said, from a fixed sitting position, it's a really cool experience, if disorientating.

Latest posts

Back