Something nice that happened to you today.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelySutton

Reaction score
Nothing nice ever happens to me. No one ever thinks of me for presents, or for help or do something kind.

I am collecting these stickers at the store to get a flatware set. Every dollar you spend at the store you get stickers. Some people do not participate and so their stickers go unused. I have actually always wondered why people don't say I don't want them but can I contribute them to someone else? But I assumed if you aren't doing the program you don't know what it is about.

So this woman in front of me had just rug up about 140 dollars of groceries. I had about 20 and the girl asks if she is participating. She goes no but, turns to me and goes, are you? I was like, yes, and she goes give my stickers to this lady.

I was so touched.. that would have taken me weeks to work up to. Meant a lot to me that just once.. someone paid it forward my way.

And YOU?

Nothing particularly nice happened to me today, but I'm happy to hear about your good fortune. It's always nice to hear the little positive stories; they give me a little more hope for humanity.

Cavey said:
Nothing particularly nice happened to me today, but I'm happy to hear about your good fortune. It's always nice to hear the little positive stories; they give me a little more hope for humanity.

This times a million. I had a particularly bad day, but it is uplifting to hear nice things like this.

Two days ago I managed to see for one hour my (only?) long distance friend, we met last time in 2011 and before then in 2006. Today her long distance boyfriend, who lives in the same city I am moving in, wrote some emails offering very concrete help for documents etc I am very touched and not used to this nice treatment.

Latest posts

Back