Need some life advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In programming undefined is an exception. Something way wrong.
So my advice is to debug it. And for ALL to help you, you need to describe the behavior.

I don't know why it keeps on doing this. But it looks like it's stopped.

So I'll make this short. I am as broke as a joke right now. I moved to L.A two years ago come February after acting in some indie films in Maryland. Since then outside of shorts that I have written, directed and starred in I've only done two bit parts. I have gone extremely broke and rent has been hard to pay for. On top of that all of my friends are gone and I spend most days alone. I am not depressed or really lonely. But lost. I am not sure what to do.

I am in pre production of my directorial feature film debut. I plan on filming it in New York next year. I am thinking about moving to New York in the spring. My lead actress and major supporting actress live there. I also don't have a car and it will be easier to get around.

I'm just not sure what I should do. I am even thinking of going back home for a few months and regrouping a little.

Regarding the error you might want to contact the moderators or change your browser.

Going back to your "question". I am probably dumb but I am not sure what you want advice for.

Is it about if you should move to NY? It is an expensive place.
Is it about you should keep pursuing a very hard career that hasn't paid of ?

New York is, as you probably know, among the priciest cities in the country. You had mentioned financial concerns in this post and other ones. To me, moving to the East Coast is not the best thing to do right now. Maybe you're better off going home for a bit instead of launching into your next project.

Go get a temp job at an agency. Once you work one for a period of time (8 weeks) I think, you qualify for unemployment benefits.

There are many different types of temp jobs (manufacturing / office) and usually you don't have to have special skills. Typing and being able to use a phone etc.

Do you have any kind of job or are you just trying to do what you want? You need a job, even if it's working at McDonald's or something like that, just to supplement yourself until you start to get better established in the business you want to be in.

Latest posts

Back