What do you want for Christmas ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadGuy

Reaction score
Family hates me because when I want anything I usually just go buy it
My wants are usually big ticket items that nobody is looking to pop for
Added bonus ...birthday is the day before

I want nothing, except that I wish I didn't feel the way feel. But it's not really something one can wrap into a present.

BadGuy said:

Hey! My birthday is the day before, too! For my gift, I want FUN. Take me somewhere nice. I certainly don't need more crap to haul around in life, and the really big ticket items, as you said, I will get for myself if I can.

I wanted a new dog grooming table....which I got it early thanks to the mailman putting it on the front porch, and I go home before my bf.

I really don'y know what else I want. My family is stressing me out over it.

My dad for one more day...but it doesn't work that way. I just want to get through the holidays and enjoy them as best I can, with the love and support of my family. And to 'Keep Smiling' as my dad would want...

A new violin bow would be nice. My mom offered to buy one but she's on a fixed income and I hate saying yes as she needs the money more than I need a bow.

-Teresa

Case said:
I want nothing, except that I wish I didn't feel the way feel. But it's not really something one can wrap into a present.

Hey Case, where ya been? :)

-Teresa

World Peace! :)

I suppose I only don't want a gift that annoys me... like an obvious re-gift or something.

Sometimes said:
BadGuy said:

Hey! My birthday is the day before, too! For my gift, I want FUN. Take me somewhere nice. I certainly don't need more crap to haul around in life, and the really big ticket items, as you said, I will get for myself if I can.

Happy Bday

Nicolelt said:
I wanted a new dog grooming table....which I got it early thanks to the mailman putting it on the front porch, and I go home before my bf.

I really don'y know what else I want. My family is stressing me out over it.
Yep I get stressed over it ...keep threatening to leave the country for the holidays LOL

I asked for nothing, but I'm getting practical gifts nevertheless...and I already know what they are. A toaster for instance. But also two books. I think I'll be fine if the holidays pass without moments of tension which is next to impossible. Guess I can indulge in some wishful thinking though, so here's a couple of rather unlikely things:

• Dad won't lecture anybody on anything
  • Mom won't cry
  • My brother will be healthy and start working again
  • Grandma won't upset/annoy somebody somehow
  • I will be genuinely happy

I just hope that all those people that are suffering find a little peace this Christmas. Those people who've lost someone close this year; those people who are homeless, lost & alone; those people who are living with ill health and facing an uncertain future. I hope you all have a better 2016.

I think it would be a good time for me to stay home and just be by myself this year to reflect and I don't know, cut myself some slack. I think I need to let myself come to terms with some realities I have been trying to ignore lately, come to terms about the people I am trying to forget, the hurt I have been trying to mask and the disappointment I have been trying to move on from. Not to mention the mourning I still feel I go through each time this time of the year comes by. Remove some of these barriers and just.. feel all of it. They say the best way out is through it.

Might not even work out and I don't even celebrate Christmas but what the hell, I want some peace. Heck, I think I deserve some as much as anyone else does.

Of course I want the normal things for the world, family and friends..But for me I want the touch of a lover, one who is my best friend and really likes to hang out in nature. *Smiles* even if life has been hard. I want to be loved..I hope that is not selfish, I always worry about that.. Bright Blessings..

Arachne said:
Of course I want the normal things for the world, family and friends..But for me I want the touch of a lover, one who is my best friend and really likes to hang out in nature. *Smiles* even if life has been hard. I want to be loved..I hope that is not selfish, I always worry about that.. Bright Blessings..

I don't think that's selfish at all, Arachne. I think everyone that's alone this Christmas would like to be in a loving relationship...

There's something else I want for Christmas. I would like my brother's wife to leave him and go back where she came from. :club:

(this sounds mean, but if you knew the whole story, it's actually very needed)

Cavey said:
Arachne said:

I don't think that's selfish at all, Arachne. I think everyone that's alone this Christmas would like to be in a loving relationship...

*nods*

Well I'd love to have a girlfriend to spend next year with, but that seems to be asking too much.

I just want to have a good xmas period with my dad at his.

Latest posts

Back