First movie you stood in line to see.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuke1967

Reaction score
biz2.jpg

Stood in line 2 1/2 hours on opening night to see Empire in 1980 similar to the picture above , line stretched back as far as I could see, all seats were filled and people standing in the back to watch it, I was 13 and it amazed me having to wait that long or in such a big line for a movie.

Haha there is a lil story to mine.. My parents were at the pub, us kids were waiting outside for them. When dad got the idea he wanted to stay later naturally.. So mum came out gave me money and said take your brothers to see a movie.. To which was easy as there was three cinemas on the street.I was nine years old at the time almost ten. My brothers were six and four lol.. So off we trotted down the main street. I know bad parenting lol..

Anyways to make a long story short I picked the movie Willard cause I thought the picture was cute. lol It was all ages admitted to. Anyways scared the shite outta my brothers , traumatized em..Me I was how do I convince my folks I need a pet rat ?.. Good times. Oh and that was 1971 for you boomers..

willard-movie-poster-1971-1020170465.jpg

Arachne said:
Haha there is a lil story to mine.. My parents were at the pub, us kids were waiting outside for them. When dad got the idea he wanted to stay later naturally.. So mum came out gave me money and said take your brothers to see a movie.. To which was easy as there was three cinemas on the street.I was nine years old at the time almost ten. My brothers were six and four lol.. So off we trotted down the main street. I know bad parenting lol..

Anyways to make a long story short I picked the movie Willard cause I thought the picture was cute. lol It was all ages admitted to. Anyways scared the shite outta my brothers , traumatized em..Me I was how do I convince my folks I need a pet rat ?.. Good times. Oh and that was 1971 for you boomers..

willard-movie-poster-1971-1020170465.jpg

I hated when my then sister-in-law dragged me and my mom to see Jesus Christ Superstar, I was 6 and bored to death.

The first movie I remember queuing up for was Saturday Night Fever in 1977!

Latest posts

Back