Customers

• Thread starter AmytheTemperamental
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AmytheTemperamental

Dear Customers,

Thank you for helping me break out of my shell. Thank you for showing me that my smile can brighten your day, and that my small talk matters to someone. Thank you for the patience you've shown as I have learned about your likes and dislikes. Thank you for the countless amount of compliments, and being honest about where I need to improve. And thank you for always coming back.

Sincerely,

That awkward girl that cooks your meals and serves your coffee :D

Sometimes I wish I'd gotten a service job at some point. The constant dealing with people could've been beneficial for me most likely.

At least it seems to be working for you ;)

Have to say that I don't reallly miss customer service much. Working in the call centre for the New Zealand tax department which could be pretty stressful even if most people were reasonable.

It definitely develops you though and I'm glad it's doing you a lot of work.

Missing it or not, that's one matter.

But do you really have no benefit from all the practice in dealing with people?

Like I said, it does develop you. I learnt a lot about the tax system as well. I also learnt that a lot of people are liars. The best call I ever had was from a Kiwi guy who was living in New York and seemed more interested in learning about me and talking about the world than his tax query. There was also a Scottish guy who was an absolute champion.

I'm indebted to my former jobs for helping me to do better socially as well. Encountering different types of people and trying to keep them satisfied of the services are invaluable experiences that makes interactions easier to handle.

Really happy to know your job has been helpful. :)

Thanks for working the hours of the day that most of us dont want to
Thanks for not spitting in my food LOL

I have worked retail ... the customer is NOT ALWAYS right !!!

Yup. My food service jobs and my call center job have brought me a long way from where I used to be. I'm still not the most sociable or charming person but I can deal with life and people so much better now than I was able to before.

Glad your customers are doing the same for you.

I enjoy it. Where I work is a community type shop, same customers every day.
The customers know me. I enjoy the chat and banter.
I've had 10 days off (a holiday) and apart from my Dad, I've spoken to hardly anybody.
It does get you down.

AmytheTemperamental said:
Dear Customers,

Thank you for helping me break out of my shell. Thank you for showing me that my smile can brighten your day, and that my small talk matters to someone. Thank you for the patience you've shown as I have learned about your likes and dislikes. Thank you for the countless amount of compliments, and being honest about where I need to improve. And thank you for always coming back.

Sincerely,

I'm glad you like your job.
I would recommend customer service jobs to all shy people.
It brought me out of my shell 23 years ago.

AmytheTemperamental said:
Dear Customers,

Sincerely,

I can totally relate, Amy. That's awesome though!

Latest posts

Back