real life face to face

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadGuy

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has ever met someone face to face from a forum ?

I have in the past
I met a woman and her husband from a motorcycle forum that I frequented
He was struggling to get a bike for her running and she was constantly posting questions on the forum
Turned out they lived about 10 minutes away
It was easier to just go over and help them

Also set up a group meet for lunch at a BBQ joint with a bunch of guys from the same forum

I have. She was in the area camping with her family and I went up and joined her for a day. Got a sunburn out of it, but it was otherwise a good day.
The rest I have only talked to on the phone, or the internet or whatever. They live too far to be able to meet right now.

Quite a few people have met up from this forum, but I've not met anyone from here yet.

Yeah, a few years ago I joined a guitar gear forum. There was this Norweigian jazz guitarist on there who was living in New York and his playing blew me away (I let him know this). Then in November 2014 we went to New York and he invited me to his gig and my parents and I hung out with him. Was great given that I live in New Zealand.

TheRealCallie said:
I have. She was in the area camping with her family and I went up and joined her for a day. Got a sunburn out of it, but it was otherwise a good day.

You'll get a sunburn if the temperature goes above 60 degrees. :rolleyes2:

TheRealCallie said:
Quite a few people have met up from this forum, but I've not met anyone from here yet.

I'd be afraid to because I don't want to be thrown into the Pacific Ocean or something like that. You're scary. :p

I admire those who meet in real life.

Although it's my wish to meet local artists, I haven't met anyone from the internet and I've had a computer since the mid-90s.

Still, never say never.

I met someone from a parent's forum a number of years ago. We were friends for a bit but no longer. We are two different people and our friendship never really gelled.

-Teresa

I've met others from this forum and many others on here have met up face to face before as well.

I've also met up with a lot of gaming buddies from different mmos over the years. Ive met up with people from different states and actually in one game an old guild leader and his buddies that ran a guild I was a part of ended up being from the same exact city as me. It was pretty random how that worked out.

I have loose plans to meet up with another old guild mate in may since I'll be I'm the area for a graduation. It's been a couple years now since we've actually played anything together though.

It's nice when those opportunities come up.

I've met people from a few online games. Married one of them many years ago when the Internet was still the preserve of geeks and college kids. I haven't met anyone from this forum, but I might at some point...

I met a woman from this forum 2 years ago.
It was romantic in nature.
The day itself, meeting her, walking near this lake, holding hands, it was great. I enjoyed it.
She was easy to talk to. I felt confident.

I never saw her again. (She isn't on here anymore)
She treated me like pure honeysuckle. Garbage.
I'm not sure I would do it again.
Although there are 2 people on here I would like to meet.

I want to meet two people from here. One she knows, when we can :). The other guy...hmm I think I might get him to meet up, maybe if I bribe him with bacon butties.

Serenia said:
I want to meet two people from here. One she knows, when we can :). The other guy...hmm I think I might get him to meet up, maybe if I bribe him with bacon butties.

:p

I have met one person from here. There are a few others who I would hop on a plane for, if I was able to. And if they actually wanted me to.

I've met several on various forums, mostly music oriented.
The cool aspect was that shows or 'weekenders' allowed people to fly in from everywhere to attend, meet, mingle or re-connect with people. Sadly, these events have fallen by the wayside due to people moving on in their lives and the lousy economy making travel and lodging cost prohibitive.
I've never met anyone in person from A.L.L. yet

Not from a forum, but I met a few people from a journaling site I frequented in the past.

I met with somebody from ALL who isn't on here no more now. We stay in touch by text mainly.

Latest posts

Back