Hi, New to the forum

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomL

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum.
A bit about me, without giving you all a lengthy autobiography.

My name's Tom. I'm 37 years old, and I live in the North East of England. Loneliness is something that's always been part of my life. I've always struggled to connect with people or make friends. Things got REALLY bad about 15 years ago and then picked up a bit. I got to a point where I could cope on the outside - go to work, talk/interact with people, but on the inside I still struggle with making friends. I have one friend, but he's the sort of friend you can have a pint with, talk about football or music with. He doesn't get the coping with loneliness and depression side (I've tried).

I used to tangle myself up in trying to work it all out, pinpoint the cause and blame myself. I don't think I understood myself and I'd think and say bad stuff about myself.

I say used to, because I had 6 months of counselling last year. I should've done it years ago, because it helped me understand myself and my situation. But it doesn't resolve everything. I feel like I can move forward, but right now, it feels like I'm a million miles from where I need to be. I'm still lonely and have a need now and then to talk to people who understand how it feels. And that's what has brought me here I suppose.

The journey isn't an overnight trip. It takes a lifetime, you're fix things along the way, but chances are something else will always pop up, albeit maybe not nearly as bad as what you've already been through. Just take it one step at a time and enjoy yourself.

Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to the forum, Tom. Hope you find what you're looking for here, good luck.

Also, do come by the chat room if you feel like it. :)

Thanks for the welcome.

I definitely think it's something you fix along the way. There's not going to be a time when it's all cured, but it's about getting to a point where I'm comfortable with it and have people around who understand.

Hello and welcome to the forum Tom! :) People are mostly very kind and supportive here~

Latest posts

Back