DEADPOOL: the comics, the film, and the overall craziness.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boonieghoul

Reaction score
This is going to be surreal. A harsh, bizarre R-rated movie featuring one of the nastiest , most unbalanced Marvel anti-heroes ever let loose, and I've been a Deadpool fan for many years, so I'm going to see the movie and just let it happen. I know that there will be people who call the character down because he's schizophrenic, because he knows he's fictional, and many other reasons...but that's why I enjoy him so much. Looking forward to this intensely...anyone else?

I only got into Deadpool a short while ago because my access to comics during childhood was very limited. I plan to catch up on some of the Deadpool comics though. He's really famous in internet culture and I read about him a lot in regard to other super heroes, played the video game and really grew to like him for the very same reasons you mentioned. I'm not put off by his unstableness or his self-awareness - this is what makes him original. So this is the first super hero movie I'm curious about after all the typical stories of cut-and-paste heroes and villains.

Deadpool was a sad rip off attempt of DC Comics Deathstroke by Rob Liefeld who is notorious for unoriginal/rip off characters. His attempt to create a Deathstroke-ish character was so bad in fact it turned out to be a good idea. The other writer/creator saw this and used Deadpool as a joke and he became what he is today. Even his name, Wade Wilson is an obvious rip off of Deathstroke's name, Slade Wilson.

A guy I work with is going to take his wife to the movie, he didn't even realize it is rated R. I told him she's not going to like it, it is the kind of humour she isn't into. But he doesn't have to tell her that, lol. Not sure if I'm going to see it in theaters or wait for DVD. It does look entertaining and Ryan Reynolds is pretty funny, not to mention Canadian :D. It will be fun to see a superhero movie poke fun at itself and isn't just some crap pooped out like Superhero Movie was.

Sci-Fi said:
Deadpool was a sad rip off attempt of DC Comics Deathstroke by Rob Liefeld who is notorious for unoriginal/rip off characters. His attempt to create a Deathstroke-ish character was so bad in fact it turned out to be a good idea. The other writer/creator saw this and used Deadpool as a joke and he became what he is today. Even his name, Wade Wilson is an obvious rip off of Deathstroke's name, Slade Wilson.

A guy I work with is going to take his wife to the movie, he didn't even realize it is rated R. I told him she's not going to like it, it is the kind of humour she isn't into. But he doesn't have to tell her that, lol. Not sure if I'm going to see it in theaters or wait for DVD. It does look entertaining and Ryan Reynolds is pretty funny, not to mention Canadian :D. It will be fun to see a superhero movie poke fun at itself and isn't just some crap pooped out like Superhero Movie was.
...Liefeld has a cameo in the film, just in case you do go see it. No doubt about it, Rob is about as original as a mass produced Valentine's Day card, but he did do this one thing, and that kind of makes up for those ridiculous drawings of heroes with horribly distorted pecs and women with tits the size of Volkswagens. Kind of.

I'm not a fan of most of it, so I can't really comment my self. But my two friends who have seen the Deadpool movie say that it's funny, and a good movie.

The movie is funny and nice, otherwise I find the story line a little predictable. I have no complains though, only cos I went in for the movie without any expectations. :p

I always liked Deadpool as well, and the movie was great, I am glad they made it R, people were laughing a lot in the theatre, and I am sure most of them had no clue who Deadpool even was, thanks to that great marketing campaign they did for the movie. I know Deadpool was a ripoff of Deathstroke, but they took him in a new direction by adding a bit of the character Madcap into his persona. He has become the biggest annoyance of the Marvel Universe, and a hilarious one.

Latest posts

Back