valentines day depression......

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dn560

Reaction score
went out today as usual with my mother and sis who drag me around like a lapdog and seeing guys my age and older out with their pretty girlfriends buying them flowers, gifts and seeing how happy those people look just made me die a little more inside. to know that, that guy with that pretty girl could have been me but as usual im alone on valentines just being a usual *****. sometimes i think maybe im so ******* ugly girls dont like or even look at me, to know that a sickness and anxiety completely destroyed my appearance and self confidence that i just wanna rin and hide away from all these people. to see people happy living their lives finding that one girl that completes you while i suffer is ******* unfair. i mean i try to pull my image together, im balding i do a gayass combover looks stupid as fresia, i wear urban clothing that looks baggy as honeysuckle im thin as hell pimples on my face always oily and not to mention some stupid big glasses that i cant see without. so then again i cant blame girls for not liking me, hell i dont like me. so fresia valentines day and fresia everything sorry for ranting like a sissy *****, no one cares to hear me so this is all i got. fresia my life, wish i was dead. i dont deserve this honeysuckle.

crazy question.. why not change the appearance issues that you can change
give yourself a mini make over
ya there is more than the outside but if your feeling that is a problem

I turned 25 today (yes, on Valentines Day) and I've been going bald since I was around 22. It hurt me psychologically a lot for quite a long time but I just shave my head down and I think I look pretty good. Maybe you could try doing that?

Some of the guys I see really attractive girls with aren't even that good looking a lot of the time as well. Is there any way you could get a gym membership and get a personal trainer? Maybe you'd feel better about yourself if you at least looked strong. Also, I suggest this to a lot of people on here but maybe you should start running as well. Your skin will look a lot better and you'd feel a lot better.

dn560 said:
went out today as usual with my mother and sis who drag me around like a lapdog and seeing guys my age and older out with their pretty girlfriends buying them flowers, gifts and seeing how happy those people look just made me die a little more inside. to know that, that guy with that pretty girl could have been me but as usual im alone on valentines just being a usual *****. sometimes i think maybe im so ******* ugly girls dont like or even look at me, to know that a sickness and anxiety completely destroyed my appearance and self confidence that i just wanna rin and hide away from all these people. to see people happy living their lives finding that one girl that completes you while i suffer is ******* unfair. i mean i try to pull my image together, im balding i do a gayass combover looks stupid as fresia, i wear urban clothing that looks baggy as honeysuckle im thin as hell pimples on my face always oily and not to mention some stupid big glasses that i cant see without. so then again i cant blame girls for not liking me, hell i dont like me. so fresia valentines day and fresia everything sorry for ranting like a sissy *****, no one cares to hear me so this is all i got. fresia my life, wish i was dead. i dont deserve this honeysuckle.

Easy with the anti-gay slurs now.
Anyway, as much of your issues are related to appearance, just try clothes that are closer to your size. With the oily skin, you can take up running/fitness as Paraiyar suggested. You should also look into skincare routines and find out which creams or treatments will work for you. Correcting these problems won't solve *everything* of course, but you might receive an extra boost of confidence. It won't hurt to try something, at any rate.

You should understand this: I expected the same feelings as Valentine's Day came closer. But due to some unrelated experiences, I had a great day. And I do not feel at all depressed for not having the experiences that so many people have on this day as a couple.

The thing I want you to realize that a human can still feel happy even if she/he doesnt experience what he wanted, IF he experiences something that could be better, although unrelated.

And THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

Why do you feel depressed even if your sister and mother love you? Reason is, you dont love yourself. Remember, even if the whole world loves you and you dont love yourself, you will feel depressed, lonely, unlovable and wouldn't accept the love of others. BUT if the whole world hates you , but you just love yourself, their hatred towards you is simply nothing.

So before you start looking for a person who loves you, make sure the person who resides inside you loves you. Only that thing can make others' love worthy and valuable and meaningful.

Paraiyar said:
I turned 25 today (yes, on Valentines Day) and I've been going bald since I was around 22. It hurt me psychologically a lot for quite a long time but I just shave my head down and I think I look pretty good. Maybe you could try doing that?

Some of the guys I see really attractive girls with aren't even that good looking a lot of the time as well. Is there any way you could get a gym membership and get a personal trainer? Maybe you'd feel better about yourself if you at least looked strong. Also, I suggest this to a lot of people on here but maybe you should start running as well. Your skin will look a lot better and you'd feel a lot better.

I own my own clippers ..less than $20
I keep it really short ..it makes you look younger and it looks cleaner in my opinion

perhaps ask your sisters about helping with the changes ...I have 5 of them and they eat this crap up

it's only one day though. All the bullshit will be over tomorrow.
Some of the happy couples with flowers will be arguing again !

A lot of the flowers are probably intended for making up after an argument lol

Just out of curiosity, I did a search for other, older threads related to Valentine's Day, and there were a few, and they were full of bile, bitterness, humor, and snark. As for myself, I'm 52, and the last time I paid any attention to VD ( ...one day you're infected, and it itches forever ;) ), I was in grade school. The day means what you think it does. For some, it's a source of dark and horrid despair and loneliness, a reminder of just how hideous your bleak existence is. For others, it's 24 hours to wait until the chocolate display prices go down 70%, so the stores can move that honeysuckle out and start putting up the next holiday's crap. For me...it's something else to ignore. Forget about it, dn560. It means absolutely nothing.

boonieghoul said:
The day means what you think it does. For some, it's a source of dark and horrid despair and loneliness, a reminder of just how hideous your bleak existence is. For others, it's 24 hours to wait until the chocolate display prices go down 70%, so the stores can move that honeysuckle out and start putting up the next holiday's crap. For me...it's something else to ignore.

Agreed. It used to bother me greatly, but I'm at an age now (49) where I direct my energies elsewhere.

I went out to a local restaurant yesterday by myself. It's usually not very busy there on a Sunday night, but since Monday's a holiday for many, and it was V'tine's Day, the restaurant was packed.

The fact that I was alone did not faze me a bit. I never feel like I'm missing out anymore. It would be nice to have someone to love and to shower with gifts I can't afford, but it's useless to me to expend energy on things I don't have. It's like complaining that I don't own a Ferrari. One day I may own a Ferrari, but today isn't that day.

Latest posts

Back