Someone I knew appears to have died

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Paraiyar

Just had a Facebook message from a girl wishing me Happy Birthday. She also talked about how she was trying to wrap her head around the passing of a mutual friend (who I hadn't seen offline in a long time) and that she wanted to talk with me on the phone. The way she phrased it made it sound like she thought like I knew already which I didn't. She's been offline since sending that so I haven't been able to get more information.

When I tried to check his Facebook page to get more information I saw that he'd unfriended me (this can't have been done too long ago, maybe a month or two at the most). Something I posted must have offended him. Sounds so stupid and petty but this makes me feel really weird as in I wonder if he'd even want me paying my respects at all if his view of me soured at the end of his life.

Based on the state his life was in and a couple of Facebook conversations we had, I'm 99.99% sure this was a suicide.

Sorry for your loss

I dont think there are ever rational thoughts with suicide
It is possible that in an irrational moment he unfriended you
It is possible family has unfriended everyone to shut down his account in an attempt to control what ends up FB public
I think if you feel you were a friend ...she thinks you are a friend and you want to pay respect at a service you should

BadGuy said:
Sorry for your loss

I dont think there are ever rational thoughts with suicide
It is possible that in an irrational moment he unfriended you
It is possible family has unfriended everyone to shut down his account in an attempt to control what ends up FB public
I think if you feel you were a friend ...she thinks you are a friend and you want to pay respect at a service you should

Still has other people on the list including mutual friends so that isn't it but apart from that I think you probably have the right of it in your post.

Funerals are for the living - I would definitely pay my respects to a friend no matter how they died or what their state of mind was before they died. If he has family, it would probably mean a great deal to them to see his friends show up at his service.

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Funerals are for the living - I would definitely pay my respects to a friend no matter how they died or what their state of mind was before they died. If he has family, it would probably mean a great deal to them to see his friends show up at his service.

-Teresa

100%

Sorry to hear about that Paraiyar. I would not be bothered too much about the unfriending... it's in the past and could have been any possible reason really. If this friend means anything to me, I'd go to his funeral.

My deepest condolences, Paraiyar. Sorry to hear that. :< There could have been countless of different reasons why your friend might have unfriended you, so it's kind of ''pointless'' since there's unfortunately no way to know it now. Take care!

Latest posts

Back