issue lies with me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayfarer

Reaction score
I have a problem. Sometimes.. ok well often.. I get hurt by things people say or actions they do. But problem is.. I shouldn't. I mean most of the time it's pretty harmless words, not even directed at me. It's kinda like wanting to monopolize everyone but it doesn't happen always. Some times in interactions I just get so unreasonably jealous. And I may even overthink and start thinking the person hates me and whatnot.

So I can't talk about it to them. Since there is no real issue. I'm just being unreasonable. Sigh. I wonder why.

You can't always help how you feel. I find in these sort of situations, you can really learn who you can be honest with and who you cannot be.

I think a lot of people can relate to this. I can but I think I've learned to just ignore the feelings of jealousy and turning it into positive thoughts somehow. Or if I can't even get to that point, IJDGAF about it.... seems to help me numb away any negative emotions that might pop up.

*hugs*

I actually just posted a crapload (metric, not imperial crapload) of stuff about this kind of thing. (As linked in my sig)

Our subconscious is a very rudimentary part of our minds. It believes whatever we tell it. This is why "fake it till you make it" and programs such as "The secret" exist.

If you tell yourself something, if you get caught in a cycle of repeating something, for whatever reason. You will start to believe it. This is why catching negative thoughts is so important.

Your logic is telling you that some things you are thinking are wrong. Perhaps you can try to counter it by telling yourself WHY they are wrong. If you get offended by say, the colour of someone's socks (Intentionally foolish hypothetical) and this results in the conclusion that the colour is somehow racist, perhaps that could be countered by remembering that like you, they probably selected those socks on the basis of comfort and there is no intent to be racist or indeed, offend you with their sock selection.

Anyways, you might find some of the links I posted of interest.

Latest posts

Back