Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Suicide
I'm not sure if my friend has sought or been offered counseling. I'm going to ask him though. Occasionally law enforcement here calls a chaplain to come to the scene of a tragedy to speak with the survivors or witnesses. I'm not sure if that was done in this situation though.

(02-18-2016, 06:46 PM)edamame721 Wrote: Since this was posted in the Depression section of the forum where readers may be struggling with mental illness and suicidal thoughts, please know that you are not alone.

Hotline numbers: http://www.suicide.org/international-sui...lines.html
How to help a suicidal person: http://www.suicide.org/how-to-help-a-sui...erson.html

That's a very good idea to post that here, edamame, thank you.

-Teresa
En la boca cerrada no entran moscas.
I'm sorry that your friend is having to go through this, Teresa, but I don't agree that suicide is 'random or 'impulsive'. I think that most people who attempt suicide have thought about it long and hard prior to putting their plan into action, but their pain is not always evident, so it may appear to have come out of the blue when viewed from the outside.

I hope that your friend can somehow come to terms with all of this, although I cannot imagine that it will be easy.
I'm so sorry to hear that. (hug)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
— Dr. Seuss
I'm so sorry. Suicide is a horrible thing to experience, I agree with @edamame721 "People commit suicide when they hurt so much they need to escape from bad circumstances they feel are hopeless or to escape mental illnesses like depression." You never really know what people are going through so always try to be understanding and empathetic, it's funny how it's always the broken souls that are always trying to help others but it's true, we know so we can relate.
I knew a girl that commited suicide not long ago, we were both voluntiring at the same hospital, but we werent really close. We shared some intressets and love the same music, we hanged out a few times and drank coffee or beer after the shift, but we never talked about ourselfes, i mean our personal life. We mostly talked about our points of views of views on the world and life. We used to joke about suicide alot.
One day she killed herself, never find out why.
Sometimes i think about her.
As far as i know it wasnt becouse of some emotional desstress but more a kind of feeling that "ive had enough of this life".
Aww sorry Teresa Sad *hug*

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Planning a Suicide Sunless Sky 1 1,034 12-31-2019, 11:35 PM
Last Post: TheRealCallie
  Has anyone ever called the Suicide Hotline? What was it like? worthless_loser 4 1,552 08-31-2018, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Tranquil
  Suicide? I can't keep fighting... Osiris 18 5,010 11-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Last Post: Kid_A