Looking to make native English-speaking friends around the world

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anglophile22

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm Vincent, 22 years old, from Belgium. I'm currently studying an Ma in Translation English-Spanish-Dutch and have a limitless predilection for the English people, language and British culture. I hope to live in England one day. When I'm not studying I love listening to film/classical/Anglican music, improving my English as much as I can and I try to watch at least one film a week, prefarably (romantic) drmas. Also love Harry Potter, The Simpsons and the Big Bang Theory. I try to follow inernational (mainly UK) politics on a regular basis as long as it's not about my own country.

I joined this group because the attitudes towards disabled people in Belgium are slowly becoming too much for me. Seeing as I'm blind, people mostly ignore me, sometimes they talk down to me like I'm deaf or stupid, or they become all patronising and admiring when they find out I'm goinG to university like the rest of the world. I used to cope rather well, but I've been to England and other countries a few times now where people always act normally around me, are very helpful in general and just start random conversations with me. I really, really want to make some more friends around the world as I have almost no one to talk to at the moment except for international friends online and family and I find myself starved for company more often than ever. Everyone is more than welcome, any age, but I prefer native English speakers and I seem to get along better with women. If you're from the UK, that would be a huge plus, but I'm equally interested in getting to know Americans, Australians or Canadians. Don't hesitate to ask me anytthing, I'd love to get to know you all, also for people who just need someone to talk to. I might ask you random questions about the English language and am open to discuss anything and everything. Happy to e-mail and Skype (instant messaging), but currently unable to Facebook-chat.

Best wishes, Vincent

I'm a 25 year old male from New Zealand and am happy to chat. Maybe you should sign up to our group chatroom if you haven't already?

Regards,
William.

Hey Vincent, welcome to the forum! I like Big Bang Theory too. :)

Check out the forum chat if you feel like it. Many nice people around here. Good luck finding what you're looking for here!

Latest posts

Back