weekend schedule/structured time keeping

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nondescript

Reaction score
How do you spend your weekday evenings, friday/weekend?

Do you have a regular routine you try to keep to avoid isolation?

Here is mine

Friday surf internet, download films, go to sleep early
Saturday Morning: shopping, gym
Afternoon: cook, guitar ensemble (1st/3rd of month)
Sunday Morning: video games
Afternoon: usually a random meetup event

Self-help books tell me that structured time organisation helps with depression and loneliness definitely give me symptoms of depression.

I know this is a bit of personal question so no worries if you lie/ignore this post :)

nondescript said:
Do you have a regular routine you try to keep to avoid isolation?

I wish I had the option for avoid isolation, I seem to spend my entire weekend just trying to get ready for the week.

Friday night: surf net / watch tv/ maybe do some dishes, sleep.
Saturday morning: surf net / drop laundry off at cleaners / grocery shop 1
Saturday afternoon: pick up mail, go through it, grocery shop 2
Saturday night: surf the web, go to bed later and hope there is some new movie or something good on -- I used to always look forward to Saturday nights for movies but lately there is nothing on.

Sunday morning: surf net, this is usually where I do something fun like go shopping;
Sunday night / afternoon: grocery shop 3 pick up laundry and put it away.

I know your saying three grocery shops? But I can't seem to find everything I want at one place and also, I Prefer to buy perishable food on Sunday, to keep them fresh but typically I need to shop on Saturday as I am out of food.

Saturday morning I work until noon. In the afternoon I either go to football or watch it on TV. On the night I just relax because I am usually very tired.
Sunday - Get up early, go to golf. Watch football in the afternoon. Have dinner, a bath, watch some TV.

I don't ever get lonely on weekends, I just enjoy my time off from work.

My daily schedule or structure kind of depends on how long I stay at work. have been leaving work late these past few weeks so my work out sessions during the evenings have been a bit on and off. Not to mention I get so tired in the weekends too and stay up too late that my days just get jumbled up.

I think I need to reinforce more structure in my days. :\

I think it is a worthwhile exercise just auditing what your time is actually spent on.

Not a formal plan but just logging what actually happened in each hour of day - even if it is very trivial.

On my google calendar app I started doing this and it brought into focus I spend 2 hours commuting each day, etc

For me once I started naming and blocking hours, I created notes on them which makes me feel I'm being productive and the intention is to bolster self-esteem.

Maybe this is something "successful" people just do anyway!

I know some people are organised like but I always thought of it as boring but when I started with just logging it actually became kind of fun.

I should get some kind of structure in my life as well, since I tend to fall apart without it. My days, regardless of whether they are weekends or weekdays, pretty much are all just me surfing the Internet. I don't want to completely get rid of it, since I've learned a lot on here that I otherwise might not have, and I still have lots more I need to learn. Not only that but I've met a lot of wonderful people online that I'm glad to have crossed paths with. But I do feel I need to spend less of my time on it because I've practically been living on it these last couple years. I notice that I gather lots and lots of information but do little with it. I will read article after article, only to forget it all later. I have a million Favorites that I need to trim down. My mind feels like a mess.

Basically, I feel like I need to get organized and I need to budget my time. Perhaps I too should start keeping a log of my days.

I will have better structure once I'm back in a job. I have been spending some of my time on the internet more productively lately so that is good.

Latest posts

Back