Self improvement YouTube channel

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skid Row 89

Reaction score
Hi,

I found a very interesting YouTube channel recently that I thought could be beneficial to members on here struggling with various issues. The topics explored range from positive thinking to motivating yourself. The videos can be long and complex but I think it's definitely worth taking the time to listen and put the ideas into practice! :)
Not sure if the link to this channel has been posted on the forum before but just in case I wanted to share what I think could be a handy set of self help resources.
Here is the link for anyone who's interested:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ActualizedOrg/videos

Xpendable said:
No scientific sources?

What do scientific sources have to do with giving some advice? All dude is doing is telling his take on things. No one said he had to be taken seriously. I probably wouldn't pay him any mind.

The "About" section has the following disclaimer:

"Disclaimer: All personal development advice and information is provided as-is and may not suit your specific circumstances. It may also contain errors or omissions. Neither Actualized.org, nor any of its employees, nor Leo Gura is liable in any way for any potential damages that may be incurred from this information. By listening to this advice you agree to take 100% responsibility for your life!"

Nice to know that if I take his advice and it messes up my life that he takes no responsibility for it. I know this is a rather standard "It's Not Our Fault If Things Go South" disclaimer, but I'll have to pass.

VanillaCreme said:
What do scientific sources have to do with giving some advice?

Everything. You need factual information to take correct decisions.

VanillaCreme said:
All dude is doing is telling his take on things.

And selling it for MONEY.

VanillaCreme said:
No one said he had to be taken seriously. I probably wouldn't pay him any mind.

He has 360.000 suscribers. That's a lot of responsability to the people who take him seriously.

You don't always need facts. You can just go based off of your own thoughts. And he didn't get any money off me. So... if he's making bank on people, that's on them.

I would argue that he offers sound advice on many issues that can hold people back but of course there's no one-size-fits-all solution for everyone's dilemmas.

VanillaCreme said:
You don't always need facts. You can just go based off of your own thoughts. And he didn't get any money off me. So... if he's making bank on people, that's on them.

+1
I don't give advice to people based on scientific facts. I give advice far from that. I don't go searching for facts before I tell them what's what. Perhaps sometimes I would, but only for those particular cases where it would come in handy.

I wouldn't still be here if so. Not every advice given require facts like that, it can be based on your thoughts and opinion, just like what Nilla said. Or based on your personal experiences. Which I feel means so much more than to just produce scientific facts alone.

Personal experiences fall into a science called Sociology, which has many years of existence. What I mean is where do he takes his "truths" or "why". He just asserts.

Latest posts

Back