Talking and listening

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairmonster12

Reaction score
Have you ever had someone ask you a question or ask your opinion, then they immediately start talking without hearing your response? They seem to only want to hear their own opinion out loud, so why ask the question or opinion in the first place if they don't care about your answer?

Hairmonster12 said:
Have you ever had someone ask you a question or ask your opinion, then they immediately start talking without hearing your response? They seem to only want to hear their own opinion out loud, so why ask the question or opinion in the first place if they don't care about your answer?

Yeap. Or, better yet, talk over me when I start sharing my thoughts on whatever. Or better yet still, ask something, ignore what I say, and then move onto something completely different than what they just brought up. Suffice to say, I don't know why some folks do any of that. To hear their own trap go off perhaps? I'll never know.

Not so much, I have people ask my opinion or advice then do what they want anyway to only later come back and say "I should have listened to you, you were right." That irritates me more. I think when people as but really don't wait for a response and start talking its maybe because they want to hear it out loud in front of another person to gauge their reaction. More like a rhetorical question than actually wanting someones advice. Then there are some people who are just rude like that.

such strange creatures people are. I think most prefer their own voices over the voices of others. maybe sometimes I do too, but not all the time.:p

I generally don't like to impose my opinions unless someone specifically asks for it. But if someone asks for it then immediately starts talking again, then that's is just utterly ridiculous (unless it's rhetorical - which it would be then, I guess)

Everyone wants to talk, but nobody wants to listen. You can blame the internet and social media for this. Everyone has become their own celebrity with a virtual podium. It's more annoying in real life, but you can see it all over internet message boards as well.

Menorahman said:
Everyone wants to talk, but nobody wants to listen. You can blame the internet and social media for this. Everyone has become their own celebrity with a virtual podium. It's more annoying in real life, but you can see it all over internet message boards as well.

I don't think we can blame the internet, I think people have been this way since the invention of language. Probably even the cavemen didn't listen to each others grunts lol

Latest posts

Back